Which factors of a PC determine the opening time of a program and a large file

In summary: I guess.Reading/writing speed (well, usually/hopefully just the former for the question described) is the starting... well, bottleneck, I guess.
FactChecker said:
It might be wise to make a simple, large file to test it. Otherwise, when you have a real file that large, you might not have time to fix anything.

Well, I will try to make one and check for which component is the bottleneck.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have tried to copy and paste a large amount of data into OpenOffice spreadsheet. The data was so big that it gave the error of "bad allocation". Above is Performance Monitor.

1661791699663.png

It seems that Disk is the bottleneck.

And this is from a copy-paste to the openoffice. The operation has been taking a few minutes.

1661792667807.png

It's hard to know whether the "copy/past" into an Openoffice spreadsheet is the same as reading a file to open. I imagine that there can be a lot going on in a "paste". I guess that "Bellek" is RAM memory. In the second screenshot, it is very stressed and the CPU is also. I recently had to increase my RAM memory above 8 gb because of problems with the Foxfire web browser. It can be tricky to get RAM that is compatible with a particular computer. If you search for RAM, search for an exact match to your computer.

• Informative
Likes mech-eng