Which green algae is indicator

In summary, the conversation discusses a crossword puzzle question about a 7-letter unicellular green algae that acts as an indicator of clean water. The conversation mentions a scientific paper that reviews several algal species and suggests asking for help from others to find the answer. However, the person asking for assistance is still unsatisfied with the information provided.
physicist007
Could anyone tell me that what is the name of the unicellular green algae which acts as an indicators of clean water.
Actually I am solving a crossword puzzle so I need assist in one question the hint to this specific algae is that it is an 7 letters long word and its second letter is E.

Biology news on Phys.org
Hmm. Somebody read a note on the internet based on third hand scientific reporting. Then put it in a crossword.

See this paper: http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/41950.pdf It is a review of indicator algal species. There are lots of them.
Hundreds. If you can get the first letter, it should be 'findable' in the above citation. Unless the crossword creator used a common name. If that is true, I would give up now.

This is definitely an innovative crowdsourcing kind of question. Ask the crowd that might know.

jim mcnamara said:
Hmm. Somebody read a note on the internet based on third hand scientific reporting. Then put it in a crossword.

See this paper: http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/41950.pdf It is a review of indicator algal species. There are lots of them.
Hundreds. If you can get the first letter, it should be 'findable' in the above citation. Unless the crossword creator used a common name. If that is true, I would give up now.

This is definitely an innovative crowdsourcing kind of question. Ask the crowd that might know.

I have already searched this paper, but this paper doesn't quenches my thirst. Please try something else. Well, thanks for your efforts.

1. What is a green algae indicator?

A green algae indicator is a type of algae that is sensitive to changes in environmental conditions, particularly in water quality. It can be used as an indicator of pollution or other disturbances in an ecosystem.

2. Why is it important to identify green algae indicators?

Identifying green algae indicators can help scientists and environmentalists monitor and assess the health of aquatic ecosystems. These algae can provide valuable information about the presence and extent of pollution, as well as the overall health of the ecosystem.

3. How do scientists determine which green algae is an indicator?

Scientists use a variety of methods to determine which green algae is an indicator, including water quality tests, microscopic analysis, and field observations. They also consider the specific characteristics and behaviors of different algae species.

4. Can green algae indicators be found in all types of water bodies?

Yes, green algae indicators can be found in a wide range of water bodies, including lakes, rivers, streams, and ponds. They can also be found in both freshwater and saltwater environments.

5. What are some examples of common green algae indicators?

Some common green algae indicators include species from the genus Chlamydomonas, Scenedesmus, and Ankistrodesmus. These algae are often used in water quality monitoring programs and are known to be sensitive to changes in pollution levels.