Which Icon Represents the Theme Best in this Contest?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Group
In summary, participants in this conversation were discussing a contest where they were asked to vote for a picture that best represented a particular location, city, or country. The options included pictures from scorpa, twisting_edge, Fourier jr, Andre, rhuthwaite, and larkspur. The majority of participants voted for Andre's picture of a row of windmills along a canal, citing its iconic representation of Dutch weather.

VOTE GROUP 1 - Icons

• scorpa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twisting_edge

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • fourier jr

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Andre

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • rhuthwaite

• larkspur

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Please vote for the picture that BEST REPRESENTS the theme of this contest. The picture must be a well-known icon that is identifiable with a particular location, city, or country.

You have one vote for each group in this contest.

1. scorpa
Fromtheotherside.jpg

2. twisting_edge
GCT.jpg

3. Fourier jr
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7862/p02legfrontcroppedyu5.jpg

4. Andre
http://home.wanadoo.nl/bijkerk/icons.jpg

5. rhuthwaite
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1638/p1000051qy4.jpg

6. larkspur
274895475_52dbcc29f8_o.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=138960"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It was tough but I voted for Andre

Me too.:smile:

And six others of the seven who have voted so far. :)

I voted for Andre too. It's hard to get much more iconic than a row of windmills along a canal.

I had to go with twisting_edge..lol mostly cause I just love that place.

turbo-1 said:
I voted for Andre too. It's hard to get much more iconic than a row of windmills along a canal.
Agreed. He got my vote too.

Actually, the real icon on that windmill picture is the overcast sky. Used to be iconical Dutch weather.

What is the purpose of the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest"?

The purpose of the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest" is to gather a variety of designs for a specific icon and allow participants to vote on their favorite design. The winning design will then be used as the official icon for the designated group or organization.

Who can participate in the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest"?

Anyone can participate in the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest" as long as they follow the guidelines and requirements set by the contest organizers. This may include age restrictions, design specifications, and submission deadlines.

How can I submit my design for the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest"?

To submit a design for the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest", you will typically need to follow a specific submission process set by the contest organizers. This may include filling out a submission form, attaching your design file, and providing any necessary information or descriptions for your design.

When will the winner of the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest" be announced?

The winner of the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest" will typically be announced after the voting period has ended and all submissions have been reviewed. The specific announcement date may vary depending on the contest organizers.

What is the prize for winning the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest"?

The prize for winning the "Vote Group 1: Icon Contest" may vary depending on the contest organizers and the purpose of the contest. Some possible prizes may include cash rewards, gift cards, recognition or promotion of the winning design, or other perks and benefits.