Which QFT Lecture Series Includes Unitary IR of Poincare Group?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a set of video lectures to help them learn quantum field theory, specifically focusing on the unitary infinite-dimensional irreducible representations of the Poincare group. They have been recommended to watch David Tong's lectures and have also been given book recommendations.
Dyatlov
Hello.
I self-studied and have a good grasp on QM, statistical mechanics and Group theory.
Next step is QFT.
There are several sets of video lectures on Youtube about this subject and I am asking for a recommendation (I would like a set of videos which involves the unitary IR of the Poincare group).
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
It must be David Tong's lecture ,obviously.He is a professor in Combridge,and a nice guy.He put many of his lecture notes online in his website,very helpful.

Dyatlov said:
(I would like a set of videos which involves the unitary IR of the Poincare group).

Matt Smith said:
It must be David Tong's lecture ,obviously.He is a professor in Combridge,and a nice guy.He put many of his lecture notes online in his website,very helpful.

Tong's lectures are nice, but I don't think that Tong treats the unitary infinite-dimensional irreducible representations of the Poincare group.

I am a book person, so the references that cover this of which I know are books, e.g.,:

"Relativity, Groups, Particles" by Sexl and Urbantke;
"A Modern Introduction to Field Theory" by Maggiore;
"The Quantum Theory of Fields Volume I" by Weinberg;
"The Conceptual Framework of Quantum Field Theory" by Duncan.

Likes Dyatlov

1. What is the "YT QFT set of video lectures"?

The "YT QFT set of video lectures" is a collection of videos on YouTube that cover the topic of Quantum Field Theory (QFT). These lectures are created and shared by various individuals and organizations, and can serve as a valuable resource for those interested in learning about QFT.

2. Who can benefit from watching these lectures?

Anyone with an interest in QFT can benefit from watching these lectures. They can be useful for students, researchers, and anyone looking to gain a better understanding of this complex topic.

3. Are these lectures reliable sources of information?

The reliability of these lectures may vary, as they are created by different individuals and organizations. It is important to do additional research and fact-checking when using these lectures as a source of information.

4. Are the lectures suitable for beginners?

Some of the lectures may be suitable for beginners, while others may assume a certain level of prior knowledge. It is recommended to watch the introductory videos first and then move on to more advanced lectures.

5. Can I ask questions or interact with the creators of these lectures?

This depends on the individual or organization creating the lectures. Some may have a platform for viewers to ask questions or provide feedback, while others may not. It is best to check the video description or channel for more information on how to interact with the creators.