Which university to choose? (Canada)

In summary, the conversation is about a student in grade 12 looking to apply for engineering programs in Ontario. The student is interested in UofT, Waterloo, McMaster, Queens, and Western, but their average is not strong enough for UofT or Waterloo. They are wondering which school would be the best choice for them and have heard mixed opinions about McMaster, Queens, and Western. They are also looking for advice on extracurricular activities to improve their chances of acceptance.
Acnhduy
Hello all,
I am currently in grade 12 and looking to apply for engineering (possibly mechanical) but I am not sure which schools to choose from.

I live in Ontario and would prefer a school within the province. The schools that I am interested in are UofT, Waterloo, McMaster, Queens, and possibly Western. My average is not that strong and I don't think I will make it to Waterloo or UofT so I think the reasonable choices would be Mcmaster, Queens, and Western. I know for a fact that McMaster offers co-op but am not familiar with the other two universities and also heard that McMaster is a good school for engineering. However, other forums have people saying that McMaster is a joke and Queens is as good as UofT and Waterloo. Western I haven't heard much of but threw that into the mix as their admission requirement is relatively high so it has to be quite decent.

Does anyone currently attend these schools? Which school is better and reasons why? Also, I have heard of Queens internship program (?), can someone explain to me what that is and how the co-op/internship programs and opportunities differ in each of the schools?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can anyone recommend any EC's that I should be involved into strengthen my chances of acceptance?

Much appreciated,

1. What are the top universities in Canada?

The top universities in Canada are the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, and McGill University.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a university in Canada?

Some factors to consider when choosing a university in Canada include the program offerings, location, cost, reputation, and campus culture.

3. How do I know if a university in Canada is accredited?

You can check if a university in Canada is accredited by looking at their website or by checking with the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC).

4. Can international students study at universities in Canada?

Yes, international students are welcome to study at universities in Canada. However, they may need to meet certain requirements, such as providing proof of language proficiency and obtaining a study permit.

5. How do I apply to universities in Canada?

The application process for universities in Canada may vary, but generally, it involves submitting an online application, providing transcripts and test scores, and paying an application fee. It is important to check the specific requirements and deadlines for each university you are interested in applying to.