Whose company do you prefer?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    company
In summary: I can have intellectually stimulating conversations. In summary, people who prefer to be among animals rather than humans tend to have good reasons for doing so. People who like to be around both animals and humans have a more balanced view of the world and appreciate the positives and negatives of both human and animal behavior.

Whose company do you prefer?

• Animals

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Humans

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I prefer to be alone

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
This is not a question on who you find the most important. This is a question on whose company you prefer most of the time: animals or humans.

I'm creating this poll because on the empathy thread there were some people who said they preferred to be among animals than humans. I certainly understand this preference, but I want to see how big this is in the PF community!

Physics news on Phys.org
I like a mix of both. :oldbiggrin:

Borg said:
I like a mix of both. :oldbiggrin:

Humans that behave like animals or animals that behave like humans?

Likes beamie564 and Borg
micromass said:
Humans that behave like animals or animals that behave like humans?
Not quite what I meant. :oldeyes:

Of course it will depend on the animal. But it is true, that I understand cats and dogs, and they rarely lie. And if, you could probably tell. I cannot say the same about humans. However, some seem to sensationalize a little bit:

DYK that goldfishes are the oldest pet animal kept without any direct use?

Likes Astronuc
I prefer humans as a company most of the time, but I like the company of animals too. Something along the lines of Borg but with more "weight" on humans.

fresh_42 said:
But it is true, that I understand cats and dogs, and they rarely lie. And if, you could probably tell. I cannot say the same about humans.

I think that this is the ultimate reason for people preferring only animals company and it is founded on well grounds.

☠ Humans are animals.

Pepper Mint said:
☠ Humans are animals.
Dry-nosed primate, please. There's got to be time for it. :smile:

My dog on weekdays, humans on the weekends.

I'm only comfortable around my dog. All humans give me anxiety, and ones I don't know I actively avoid.

Likes Monsterboy, beamie564, Sophia and 1 other person
I really like the company of animals, but I do not need the company of animals. I do, however, need the other two options in the poll. Luckily, I can arrange things everyday such that I have times alone, and such that I also have times where I interact with humans, both at work and at home.

This completely depends on the type of humans we’re talking about here. I rarely find the company of people my own age appealing (in regards to devoting time to them) and prefer older people…but those older people have to meet certain criteria, too.

If there’s nobody I’m interested in around, I’d rather be alone.
fresh_42 said:
DYK that goldfishes are the oldest pet animal kept without any direct use?
I'll take that to offense, good sir. My fish can do tricks.

Likes Monsterboy, beamie564, Sophia and 1 other person
There are times that I enjoy human and/or animal company, and there are times when I like being alone.

I enjoy the company of family, friends and colleagues. I like to interact with pets.

Then there are times when I go riding or hiking or canoeing/kayaking, and I enjoy being alone.

fresh_42 said:
I would enjoy a visit with the lady and the elephant. I think she needs to keep a bucket nearby in the house.

Last edited:
Likes Borg
I enjoy company of all animals that are kept as pets. As for humans, I enjoy company of some, but I guess it's the minority. With most people, I'm shy and feel awkward. I have a very hard time with extroverts and loud people.
With animals, I'm always relaxed and there's nothing to hide or pretend.

Likes Monsterboy
I like being around people, but only for a few hours. Then I feel the need to be alone, even if it's my best friends ( don't know if something is wrong with me). I love being with dogs though :dog:

Humans have clear objectives and plans to manipulate things. They can compute naturally with symbols thoughtfully, by which we can measure and evaluate their professional behaviors in developed societies.

Likes Sophia
People who share my interests and./or people who are fun

1. What is the purpose of asking about company preference?

Asking about company preference can help researchers understand the factors that influence an individual's choice of company. This information can be used to improve marketing strategies and product development.

2. How do you define "company preference"?

Company preference is the tendency to favor one company or brand over others in a given industry. It can be influenced by various factors such as reputation, product quality, customer service, and personal values.

3. Is company preference influenced by personal experiences?

Yes, personal experiences can greatly influence an individual's company preference. Positive experiences with a company can create loyalty and trust, while negative experiences can lead to a shift in preference.

4. Can company preference change over time?

Yes, company preference can change over time. As companies evolve and adapt to changing market trends and consumer needs, an individual's preference may also change. Personal experiences and values can also play a role in a shift in company preference.

5. How can knowing about company preference benefit businesses?

Understanding company preference can benefit businesses in various ways, such as identifying areas for improvement, developing targeted marketing strategies, and building customer loyalty. It can also help businesses stay competitive in the market by understanding what factors influence consumer choice.