Why am I so angry and unhappy?

In summary, the person is expressing frustration with their current life situation, including being enrolled in Physics again, facing potential job loss, and struggling with anger and stress. They are taking antidepressants and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but are still struggling. They have reached out for help on a forum, but it is recommended that they seek professional help from a psychiatrist.
Danielle Sarah
I am literally at this point in my life where I am beyond frustrated. I am enrolled in Physics again after withdrawing from the previous semester, will be getting laid off soon from my current pt job and am just so aggravated. Just the slightest hint of conflict will cause me to explode on anyone laid before my path. Physics makes me want to shoot the wall and I cannot take this stress. I am currently on antidepressants, maintain a balanced diet and exercise 2-3 times per week. I posted this under general discussion because I do not know what else to categorize it by. I am SO ANGRY. Why am I so unhappy? Not to mention, I have also contemplated life without my being. Am I just psychotic? I am so annoyed I have blocked and discontinued every hint of a friendship I've ever maintained, along with avoiding my family members. I am TIRED of wanting to punch a god damn wall everywhere I go. What the heck is wrong with me. I literally feel the urge to give up college and drop out because I am clearly too stupid. Even family members (like I care about them ugh) mentioned I have an angry physical stature.

Physics news on Phys.org
This problem is unfortunately not something we can help you with on an anonymous internet forum.

If you are on antidepressants you likely already have a psychiatrist, which is a professional trained to help people handle this type of situations. (If you do not have one you should get one as soon as possible!) Your best option is to discuss your situation with this professional and follow their prescribed treatment.

While we do sympathise, there is really no other advice we can give you. Thread closed.

1. What causes an individual to feel unhappy?

The causes of unhappiness can vary from person to person, but some common factors may include stress, trauma, negative life events, and chemical imbalances in the brain.

2. Can unhappiness be inherited?

While there may be a genetic component to happiness, it is not solely inherited. Environmental and personal factors also play a significant role in an individual's overall happiness.

3. How can one overcome unhappiness?

Overcoming unhappiness is a complex process and may require seeking professional help. Some strategies that can help include practicing self-care, developing positive thinking patterns, and finding healthy coping mechanisms.

4. Is there a link between unhappiness and mental health?

There can be a strong correlation between unhappiness and mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. However, it is essential to seek a professional diagnosis to determine the root cause of unhappiness.

5. Can certain lifestyle changes improve one's level of happiness?

There is evidence that making positive lifestyle changes such as exercising regularly, practicing gratitude, and maintaining social connections can improve an individual's overall level of happiness. However, it is essential to address any underlying mental health concerns as well.