Why Bush must not be re-elected

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, President George W. Bush presided over a period of economic decline, record-breaking deficits, record numbers of job losses, and unprecedented secrecy and accountability problems.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What I did while playing president:

•I attacked and took over 2 countries.

•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

•I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

•I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

•I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

•In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

•After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

•I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

•In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

•I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

•I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

•I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

•I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.

•I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.

•I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

•I cut health care benefits for war veterans.

•I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

•I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

•I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

•Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.)

•I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

•I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

•I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

•I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"(only one letter away from BS).

•I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I did it!).

•I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

•I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

•I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

•I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

•I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

•I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

•I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

•The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

•I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

•I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

•I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

•I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

•I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

•I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

•I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.

•I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

•I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

•RECORDS AND REFERENCES: I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

•I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.

•I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use. (wink,wink)

•All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review

Thank you Mr. Bush. Now, please go someplace where we will never see or hear of you again.

Physics news on Phys.org
where did you get all those points of information? it sounds like he's going to be quite a figure in history

Tsu got this from a person involved in the Kerry campaign.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu got this from a person involved in the Kerry campaign.
Hehe. :rofl:

Good come back. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That clears it all up for me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Next?

You forget many things. Here are a few:

-I perpetrated the most massive and successful campaign to deceive Congress, the UN, and the American populace so I could wage a war that I intended to wage for years

-I presided over the largest set of proposed and actual environmental rollbacks in U.S. history--covering air quality, water quality, forest conservation and preservation, and superfund sites

-I crippled education with deficit spending and the "No Child Left Behind" act

-I gave no-bid contracts to my Vice President's company, Halliburton, which has since overcharged taxpayers millions, if not billions, and has neglected its duty.

-I destroyed the first amendment by becoming the first President in history to always set up "free speech" zones to keep away dissenting voices whenever I make an appearance and by promoting the marriage of government and religion.

Wrong forum Ivan, skeptism and debunking can be found at the link below...

Ivan Seeking said:

1. I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

2. I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

3. Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history.

4. I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

5. I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

6. I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

7. The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Some of My Favorites

1. When did we go into a depression and when did the DOW drop by 85 percent as it did in 1930?
2. I didn't realize there were that many anarchists in the world. Could we have a show of hands please.
3. If Kerry is elected, he'll have a richer administration than all the others combined.
4. Yes, and retain Libya, Sudan and China.
5. Rejecting the World Court is okay by me. Slobodan Milosevic will die of old age before a verdict is reach in his trial.
6. Thank you Congresswomen Eddie Bernice Johnson (D), et al, for humiliating our country by comparing it to a Third World dictatorship.
7. How much did the Democratic Party Chairman, Terry McAuliffe make from the Global Crossing fraud?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissident Dan said:
You forget many things. Here are a few:

-I perpetrated the most massive and successful campaign to deceive Congress, the UN, and the American populace so I could wage a war that I intended to wage for years

-I presided over the largest set of proposed and actual environmental rollbacks in U.S. history--covering air quality, water quality, forest conservation and preservation, and superfund sites

-I crippled education with deficit spending and the "No Child Left Behind" act

-I gave no-bid contracts to my Vice President's company, Halliburton, which has since overcharged taxpayers millions, if not billions, and has neglected its duty.

-I destroyed the first amendment by becoming the first President in history to always set up "free speech" zones to keep away dissenting voices whenever I make an appearance and by promoting the marriage of government and religion.
Oh, yeah. Those, too. :rofl: :rofl:

kat said:
Wrong forum Ivan, skeptism and debunking can be found at the link below...

Is that the best that you can do? This and seven objections from Robert Zaleski? Robert, should we assume that you agree on all other counts?

So far it seems Russ's objection is that we should not consider evidence presented against a candidate by someone who donates their time to the democratic process.

Last edited:
Boy, with all this "ammo" Bush has no chance of winning. I guess we can call the election over. :)

Only if everyone realizes who they elected. I guess this means that we can count on you to campaign for Kerry?

But voting for Kerry wouldn't give me the opportunity to piss you off.

Also, if I vote for Kerry, then I would be agreeing with Barbra Streisand and Rosie O'Donnell. Dude, no way.

Last edited:
JohnDubYa said:
But voting for Kerry wouldn't give me the opportunity to piss you off.

Also, if I vote for Kerry, then I would be agreeing with Barbra Streisand and Rosie O'Donnell. Dude, no way.
Ah. You'd rather agree with people like Chuck Norris, Bo Derek, Shannon Doherty... :rolleyes:

Good list, Ivan. However I think at this point those who support Bush aren't going to change their minds, no matter what evidence is produced. Or let me put it this way; if I found that there were some compelling evidence that Bush actually did more good than harm, it would create so much cognitive dissonance I'd probably have to dismiss the new info for at least a month as 'unbelievable', and at some point be man enough to admit to having made a massive error in judgement. Would I have done all this restructuring in time for the election (assuming it goes ahead according to schedule)? At this point the two camps may as well say "My leader is bigger than yours" for all the difference it will make to each other's views.

Ivan Seeking said:
So far it seems Russ's objection is that we should not consider evidence presented against a candidate by someone who donates their time to the democratic process.

I'm sorry, where's the evidence? :zzz:

Just to show you how silly your list looks to a Republican, I've put together my own inane list as follows:

15 Reasons for not Electing Kerry and Edwards

1. John Kerry is a gigolo and Teresa Kerry has hyperopia.
2. John Kerry has hyperopia.
3. Teresa Kerry wishes she had her deceased husband back instead of the stiff she’s got now.
4. Ted Kennedy is John Kerry’s mentor.
5. Teresa Heinz Kerry gives Johnny a weekly allowance, but only if he’s been a very, very good boy and this has nothing to do with bedtime maneuvers on a Sealy Posturepedic mattress.
6. The John John’s do more embracing with each other than with their wives.
7. John Kerry likes to romp around the house in his wife’s underwear.
8. Teresa Kerry likes to dress in black leather and snap a whip.
9. John likes it when Teresa dresses in black leather and snaps a whip.
10. John Kerry intends to divorce the Pickle Queen and become the wife of George Soros.
11. Whoopi Goldberg and Meathead Reiner will be offered cabinet positions in a Kerry-Edwards administration.
12. Edwards is a trial lawyer.
13. Edwards is running with Kerry because polls show he won’t be reelected in his home State of North Carolina.
14. John Edwards is better looking than the two candidates wives.
15. John Kerry owns a shotgun and hockey stick, or is it...has a pistol for a wife and a hockey puck for a running mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's just plain childish, Mr. Zaleski. I had the (obviously mistaken) impression you were above that type of thing.

I can only think of three words after reading this thread: "God help us."

kat said:
I'm sorry, where's the evidence? :zzz:

The specific assertions are made. Show me the records that Bush is hiding.

If you don't wish to contribute then why are you here?

Robert Zaleski said:
Just to show you how silly your list looks to a Republican, I've put together my own inane list as follows:

blah blah blah

great post. That sure changed my mind.

the number 42 said:
Good list, Ivan. However I think at this point those who support Bush aren't going to change their minds,

According to the Sunday morning talking heads, just today as a matter of fact, barring unexpected major events, and historically, the now undecided votes will detemine this election.

When I see preachers/electricians in the Bible belt wincing I know that Bush's position is very tenuous indeed.

In lieu of two wars and the near certainty of further terrorist attacks on US soil, I am sure glad that we have this gay marriage thing, and the current rash of flag burnings dealt with, Replublican leadership. What great leadership in these dangerous times.

My cousin [by marriage] was working with the FBI and doing surveillance on suspected terrorists - I probably shouldn’t say where except in the western US. Since Federal funds promised never arrived, he is back on kidnappings and child custody issues. The local law agencies had to absorb the costs. This sort of thing was reported in news articles of the last 18 months or so.

Last edited:
I'm noticing a pattern here where no one is willing to defend Bush against these allegations in a serious way. Perhaps this is because so many of them are true.

It just sounds unbelievable when you put them all together. That's the point.

Last edited:
if even 1/4 of those statements are Half true, i still find it surprising that americans are not a LOT more upset with this man. how do u put up with this?

im Canadain so that stuff doesn't make me want to over throw the government but if bush was in charge of Canada and doing as badly i would be pulling my hair out

We recently had a very uncharacteristic show of outrage on the floor of congress by a black congresswoman from Florida. She accused Bush of a coup d'état. Not so well known but widely reported at the time, blacks in Florida claimed that they were prevented from voting by “Republican thugs”. This fact was lost in the counting frenzy. Of course, Florida, Governend by Bush's brother, was also the swing state that got Bush elected.

The congresswoman was demanding that the UN monitor our election. Rightfully so I think.

Last edited:
I attacked and took over 2 countries.

You do realize that one of those Countries flew 2 planes into the Twin Towers, right?

Also, I support any effort to put Sodamn Insane out of power. If he had mass weapons of destruction - he'd use them. If you don't realize that, you need a serious reality check. He uses weapons all the time against his own people and Country, you think he'd have a problem with using it against a Country that hates him?

He even said that the US people would bleed and die if they invaded Iraq. He's completely delusional and nuts to make a threat like that.

There would have been decades of terror in Iraq unless you think his sons would have been better.

He kills his own like Stalin did, except Stalin managed to make the USSR economically strong. Sadaam doesn't benefit his Country. He's a corrupt dictator and a lot of us are damn glad he's not one anymore.

great post. That sure changed my mind.

Was the purpose of starting this thread to have your mind changed?

I am Canadain so that stuff doesn't make me want to over throw the government but if bush was in charge of Canada and doing as badly i would be pulling my hair out

As far as the economy goes, Bush couldn't do anymore damage to Canada. It's already screwed up. More in some places than others, like in British Columbia.

Canadians should be more worried with the NDP getting into power than about Bush.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
The specific assertions are made. Show me the records that Bush is hiding.

If you don't wish to contribute then why are you here?

Uhh, not to post assertions, claim they are evidence and then fail to show how they are "evidence".

Ivan: Just about every point you posted was your subjective opinion of what history's subjective opinion of Bush will be. Post some numbers. Show us some actual facts and we'll listen. As of now, you've given nothing but propaganda.

if even 1/4 of those statements are Half true, i still find it surprising that americans are not a LOT more upset with this man. how do u put up with this?

For the same reason they put up with Bill Clinton. He had a laundry list too.

By the way, the word "Americans" is capitalized.

My cousin [by marriage] was working with the FBI and doing surveillance on suspected terrorists - I probably shouldn’t say where except in the western US.

Glad to know that our FBI agents are keeping their cousins informed of their activities.

Okay, here goes:

That's better than attacking and not taking over two countries. Americans don't consider military victories a bad thing.

•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

I don't recall the US Treasury filing Chapter 11, or is this just hyperbole? If so, why should Americans buy it?

This is the biggest problems with these lists. The effects are usually grandly exagerrated, and completely attributed to the President no matter what his involvement entailed.

To wit:

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

Bush is taking his hits for the economy, but no President is ever totally responsible, especially since the downward trends began before he took over.

But the biggest problem with this item is the notion that Bush shattered the record. No, the American economy shattered the record. Bush happened to be President at the time, which does not make him wholly responsible for what took place.

In other words, your list is too simplistic.

Ivan Seeking said:
So far it seems Russ's objection is that we should not consider evidence presented against a candidate by someone who donates their time to the democratic process.[emphasis added]
Well spun. Much like Moore's work, pretty much everything on that list while not specifically factually inaccurate is either misleading, unsubstantiated, or just plain meaningless. Yeah, it makes for great soundbytes, but there isn't actually any evidence of anything in there (by implication, any evidence you would provide would be negative - and just saying the word implies it exists - and that's enough for the purposes of a soundbyte).

And yes, you can make a strikingly similar list for Clinton - or any other president for that matter.

Since burden-of-proof is, of course, on you, I'll take only the first one as an example:
-Other side: I'm assuming that's Afghanistan and Iraq. Setting aside the reasons (I'm sure most agree with Afghanistan and most do not agree with Iraq, but hey - even if you agree with an action, you can still pretend it was bad, right?), in both cases, we toppled dictatorships and installed Democracies. Both are now sovereign.

-Clinton parallel: Clinton took down Yugoslavia and tried, but failed to take Somalia. Spin as desired.

Last edited: