Why Do Some Canadians Believe Criminals Only Commit Crimes They Want To?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    crime
In summary: I wonder if there is something wrong with me.Yep... I've met so many dumb males that it's depressing.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Man did i hear the stupidest thing from this Canadian chick today.

"Criminals never commit anymore crimes then they want to".

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Sorry, just had to share.

Disclaimer: Since so many of you are anal when someone says something bad about a non-american even with no intent on making a generalization, i'll just say it now: "This person does not represent all Canadians".

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
For some reason this brings back memories of a quiz a guy I used to work with gave to potential dates. It went something like this, dang I can't remember exactly. :frown:

What country is New Mexico in?

Which state is New England?

Who was the former President?

Bonus points - Who was the former Vice President?

Evo said:
For some reason this brings back memories of a quiz a guy I used to work with gave to potential dates. It went something like this, dang I can't remember exactly. :frown:
Which state is New England?
Who was the former President?
Bonus points - Who was the former Vice President?
I do something similar except much more subtle. I just ask them what books they have read lately and what sorts of books they like to read. Unfortunately most women do not answer satisfactorily, that is they tend to say they don't read much and prefer magazines and romance novels.

Man did i hear the stupidest thing from this
chick today.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Let's not be sexist here! Women are at least as smart as their male counterpart. :-p

I saw a picture today that said "this box is made from at least 100% recycled cardboard"
which is either really dumb or they mean the recycled cardboard was made from recycled cardboard which was made from recycled cardboard."

Homer Simpson said:
Women are at least as smart as their male counterpart. :-p

I wouldn't expect homer simpson to say something like that... you're an imposter!

Evo said:

I wonder how many people would say "New Mexico is it's own country!"

did you take that test Gokul posted. what was it National Geographic or something

Yah, you wonder how bad it would have been if they didn't give you options as to which countries to pick and instead show you a map or maybe even a continent and go "Find Chad".

Pengwuino said:
I wonder how many people would say "New Mexico is it's own country!"
He said most girls just got this look of total knowledge on their face realizing it was a trick question and replied "why it's in Mexico!" :bugeye: Uhm yeah, darn, almost had you fooled, huh?

Why are so many girls so stupid...

I wouldn't expect homer simpson to say something like that... you're an imposter!

The stupid gene is on the Y chromosome in my family.

Pengwuino said:
We have to congratulate the penguin on his hearing: he could hear her misspell "than".

Pengwuino said:
to insure you can get a date when you are older

I've heard a mispelling recently, "send me a tex message"

Pengwuino said:
They only act that way in order to let the guys they date feel smart. :-p

Moonbear said:
They only act that way in order to let the guys they date feel smart. :-p
Nah, I knew some of the girls he tested, they were as dumb as the traffic cones along the side of the street.

Evo said:
as dumb as the traffic cones along the side of the street.

Wow where do you live? Around here, all the cones on the streets are very bright. Most are orange, but some are yellow or fluorescent green.

Evo said:
Nah, I knew some of the girls he tested, they were as dumb as the traffic cones along the side of the street.
That's a good one. I hadn't heard it before.

Evo said:
And I've met plenty of guys who are just as dumb. There are definitely more of the dumb ones out there than smart ones of both sexes.

Moonbear said:
And I've met plenty of guys who are just as dumb. There are definitely more of the dumb ones out there than smart ones of both sexes.

Where are smart girls found?

All the smart guys are uhm... there somewhere :P but what about the girls!

Pengwuino said:
All the smart guys are uhm... there somewhere :P but what about the girls!
Are you actually looking for educated girls, or do you want authentically smart girls? They're not necessarily the same thing.

Moonbear said:
Yep... I've met so many dumb males that it's depressing. Sometimes I perceive women to be a bit smarter than men only to realize that it's because they rarely are interested in talking about anything that would highlight their stupidity. Maybe that shows some glimmer of intelligence in and of itself though.

zoobyshoe said:
Are you actually looking for educated girls, or do you want authentically smart girls? They're not necessarily the same thing.

Girls that "have a clue". I don't care how many shakespere plays you've read or how much business sense you have, you just better know ... well... someone that wouldn't be fooled by the crap tossed into the skepticism and debunking forum :P

Pengwuino said:
Girls that "have a clue". I don't care how many shakespere plays you've read or how much business sense you have, you just better know ... well... someone that wouldn't be fooled by the crap tossed into the skepticism and debunking forum :P
Hmmmmmm. That'd be tough to find, then.

What was the context?

Smurf said:
What was the context?

Well we were talking about home invasions and I said it was highly probable that the people doing it would kill you. I cited the fact that you know exactly what they look like (unless your the type to open your door to a person with a mask on outside of halloween) and they have committed an incredibly serious offense (I assume home invasions are legally akin to kidnapping) which means killing you to save their own hides is perfectly logical. Her response was that criminals won't commit anymore crimes then they need to. Now it actually can be argued that shooting you is actually something you "need" to do in order to save your own butt as a criminal but her other statements made me believe she felt like crime was so crazy outer limits concept and criminals are very considerate etc etc crap crap.

Ah. That's what I thought.

I kinda wonder how much she knows about crime since she said people should just "tell the criminals to go away" if they are trying a home invasion. Are Canadians THAT polite?

We'd probably appologise too.

Evo said:
What's a Mexico? I hope its designer jeans or a hideously expensive shoe!

I'd point out that you should never end a sentence with a preposition, then tell him I would never date someone who would make an error such as that during a quiz to find out if I was smart enough for him.
At least I would if I were a girl and he actually tried asking me that question and I could think that quickly.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Yep... I've met so many dumb males that it's depressing. Sometimes I perceive women to be a bit smarter than men only to realize that it's because they rarely are interested in talking about anything that would highlight their stupidity. Maybe that shows some glimmer of intelligence in and of itself though.
That does seem consistent with what I've seen too. The dumb women seem content to talk about stuff like getting their nails done and the latest fashions, and other stuff that requires no thinking whatsoever, but doesn't make it glaringly obvious until you spend some time with them that they don't know much about anything else. With dumb men, they're willing to come right out and show you how ignorant they are by trying to "edumacate" you about what they think of things they know nothing about. They should stick to talking about sports.

Pengwuino said:
Ummm, PF. :rolleyes: Plenty of intelligent women here, e.g. PF Sisterhood.

looking for smart girls who are EASY. pf sisterhood don't seem to fill both requirements. Except for maybe MIH, not sure about her though.