Why do we use/calculate the atoms of an element to balance an equation

In summary, the conversation is asking for information on atoms, particles, and the use of atoms in balancing equations. The person also asks for help with understanding the process of separating oil and water and the number of atoms in a molecule.
Jadaav
Hi guys,

I wanted to know these things with their respective examples :

1. What is an atom ?

2. What is a particle ?

3. Why do we use/calculate the atoms of an element to balance an equation ?

Please answer to these questions guys, because I only have 2 days for my exams and to know them.

Chemistry news on Phys.org

thanks, was just on wikipedia though.

and, I wanted to know the process in steps of how to separate oil and water please

and how much atoms form a molecule ?

Is it 2 or more ?

Well what is a molecule, as you understand it? Check wikipedia again.

and what about the separating technique ?

Related to Why do we use/calculate the atoms of an element to balance an equation

1. Why do we use atoms to balance an equation?

Atoms are the basic building blocks of matter and are present in all elements. Balancing an equation ensures that the same number of atoms of each element are present on both sides of the equation, which follows the law of conservation of mass.

2. How do atoms help in balancing an equation?

Atoms are used to balance an equation by keeping track of the number of each type of atom on both sides of the equation. This allows us to ensure that the equation is balanced and follows the law of conservation of mass.

3. Can an equation be balanced without using atoms?

No, an equation cannot be balanced without using atoms. Since atoms are the basic units of matter, they are essential in balancing an equation and following the law of conservation of mass.

4. Why is it important to balance an equation?

Balancing an equation is important because it ensures that the same amount of each type of atom is present on both sides of the equation. This follows the law of conservation of mass and helps us accurately represent chemical reactions.

5. Can the number of atoms in an element change during a chemical reaction?

No, the number of atoms in an element cannot change during a chemical reaction. This is because atoms cannot be created or destroyed, they can only rearrange to form new substances. Balancing an equation helps us keep track of the number of atoms present in an element before and after the reaction.