Why doesn't this dog have a shadow?

• Thread starter SW VandeCarr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dogs
In summary, the dog peeing on the girlfriend's head is probably an accident, the girlfriend may smell unpleasant to the dog, and the girlfriend's open lips could be a sign that she's looking for the dog to stop.
SW VandeCarr
xsjfndmkc1ie16gypdxj.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Dog owners X girlfriend?? Her head is on the spot where another dog peed earlier; her synthetic perfume smells like something a dog should pee on, there are no fire hydrants or car tires around...? Some dogs like to pee on expensive alloy wheels and she has an earing that smells expensive.

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff
I think you have it backwards. Why would a dog NOT do that? Dogs will pee on anything if the mood strikes them. It is in their nature.

Danger said:
Because it can't get her pants off.

edward said:
Dog owners X girlfriend?? Her head is on the spot where another dog peed earlier; her synthetic perfume smells like something a dog should pee on, there are no fire hydrants or car tires around...? Some dogs like to pee on expensive alloy wheels and she has an earing that smells expensive.

Oh nooo, what is going on.

phinds said:
I think you have it backwards. Why would a dog NOT do that? Dogs will pee on anything if the mood strikes them. It is in their nature.

No I think most dogs smell the place first before they pee all over it.

Fefe Santa said:
No I think most dogs smell the place first before they pee all over it.
Yes. Your point being?

I've heard about it happening to dogs with vision problems. Basically, the dog can't recognize that she's a person and not like a tree stump or something.

That, and some dogs are just kind of terrible, really.

My much greater concern is why the girl seems to be facing directly at it with her lips parted. THAT makes me very uncomfortable.

phinds said:
Yes. Your point being?
They tend to pee on clean areas.

Maybe the dog was concerned about the heat's effect on her, and so decided to freshen her up?

Maybe she's a vet on holiday and the dog didn't want to wait for its next physical.

Fefe Santa said:
They tend to pee on clean areas.
Except when they pee on dirty areas, particularly where other dogs have gone before them.

Because it's photoshopped?

It looks very photoshopped.

Likes Medicol
The fact that it's a vampire dog - it casts no shadow - is probably a hint.

What is the most common reason for a dog's behavior?

The most common reason for a dog's behavior is their natural instincts and drives. Dogs are descendants of wolves and have inherited certain behaviors such as hunting, scavenging, and social hierarchies. These behaviors can manifest in different ways depending on the dog's breed, training, and environment.

Why does a dog bark excessively?

Dogs bark for a variety of reasons, including alerting their owners to potential danger, communicating with other dogs, or seeking attention. Some breeds are also more prone to barking than others. Excessive barking can also be a sign of boredom, anxiety, or frustration, so it's important to address the underlying cause to reduce excessive barking.

Why does my dog chew on things?

Chewing is a natural behavior for dogs, and it serves several purposes. Puppies often chew to soothe teething pains, while adult dogs may chew to keep their teeth clean and to relieve stress or boredom. Providing appropriate chew toys and regular exercise can help redirect this behavior.

Why does my dog jump on people?

Jumping is a common behavior in dogs, especially when they are excited to see someone. It can also be a way for dogs to seek attention or assert dominance. Training and consistency are key to teaching a dog not to jump on people, as well as providing alternative ways for them to greet and interact with others.

Why does my dog eat grass?

Eating grass is a common behavior in dogs, and there are a few possible reasons for it. Some dogs may eat grass to soothe an upset stomach or to add fiber to their diet. Other dogs may simply enjoy the taste or texture of grass. As long as the grass is free of pesticides and chemicals, it is generally safe for dogs to eat in moderation.