Why is my ASUS laptop blocking internet access on different WIFI networks?

In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium that was set up by the school IT for a teacher. The problem is that the laptop can connect to the school's system and home LAN, but it blocks internet access. After troubleshooting with the IT guy, the issue was resolved, but it reappeared when the laptop was connected to a hotel's WIFI. The conversation ends with a question about a possible firewall and advanced TCP/IP configuration.
Jobrag
My wife has an ASUS laptop K53E series Notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium which she bought to use at her work (she is a teacher), the school part purchased with her and had the school IT set up everything.
The problem started when the school IT wonk set up the WIFI to connect to the school system (worked OK), but while it would connect to our home LAN would not allow internet access. After several visits to the IT guy he got it working so that it would connect to home LAN and give internet access. Last week we were away on a short holiday and in the hotel it would connect to the hotel WIFI but again blocked internet access, does anyone have any ideas as to why the computer is blocking internet access and how to remove the block?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Is there a firewall installed? Look at the advanced TCP/IP configuration.

1. Why is my ASUS WIFI connection not working?

There could be various reasons for your ASUS WIFI connection not working. It could be due to a technical issue with the router, an outdated driver, or interference from other devices. Try troubleshooting your router and updating the driver to see if that resolves the issue.

2. How do I fix slow WIFI on my ASUS laptop?

Slow WIFI on your ASUS laptop could be due to a weak signal, outdated router firmware, or too many devices connected to the network. You can try moving closer to the router, updating the firmware, or limiting the number of connected devices to improve WIFI speed.

3. Why does my ASUS laptop keep dropping WIFI?

This could be due to an outdated driver, interference from other devices, or a problem with the router. Try updating the driver and troubleshooting the router to see if that resolves the issue.

4. How do I connect my ASUS laptop to WIFI?

To connect your ASUS laptop to WIFI, go to the network and internet settings on your device. Select the WIFI network you want to connect to and enter the password if required. Your laptop should then be connected to the WIFI network.

5. Why is my ASUS laptop not detecting WIFI networks?

This could be due to an issue with the WIFI adapter, driver, or network settings. Make sure your WIFI adapter is turned on, update the driver, and check your network settings to ensure that your laptop is set up to detect WIFI networks.