Why is my FPGA not working correctly when programmed with a POF file?

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with programming an FPGA using a pof file. The person has successfully programmed the file but it does not work as expected. They are seeking help and are asked about their target board and experience with FPGA projects. A link to a relevant forum is also provided.
core7916
TL;DR Summary
failed to program the pof file
Hello,
i am programming my fpga with certain logic. With the sof file the logic is working fine and correct. but when i am programming pof file i am getting error. (programming is successful, but doesn't work as per the logic).

Technology news on Phys.org
core7916 said:
TL;DR Summary: failed to program the pof file

(programming is successful, but doesn't work as per the logic).
What is your target board? Is it a developer's kit board (that is a proven design), or is it your own design that you are bringing up for the first time? Is this your first FPGA project, or have you been successful with such projects in the past?

Are you programming via JTAG? Perhaps this discussion at the Intel FPGA forum can be of help:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/SOF-and-POF-difference/td-p/225759

thank you

core7916 said:
thank you
"Thank you" isn't an answer to the questions that @berkeman asked...

1. What is an Intel MAX 10 FPGA?

The Intel MAX 10 FPGA is a type of programmable logic device that uses field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology. It is designed and manufactured by Intel and is used for various applications such as data processing, image and video processing, and control systems.

2. How do I program an Intel MAX 10 FPGA?

The Intel MAX 10 FPGA can be programmed using design software such as Quartus Prime or Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL. You can create a design using a hardware description language (HDL) such as Verilog or VHDL, and then use the software to compile and program the FPGA.

3. What are the advantages of using an Intel MAX 10 FPGA?

Some advantages of using an Intel MAX 10 FPGA include its flexibility, low cost, and high performance. FPGAs can be reprogrammed multiple times, making them ideal for prototyping and testing. They also have a lower cost compared to application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and offer high processing speed and parallel computing capabilities.

4. What are some common applications of Intel MAX 10 FPGAs?

Intel MAX 10 FPGAs are commonly used in a variety of applications such as industrial control systems, automotive systems, medical devices, and networking equipment. They are also used in data centers for tasks such as data processing and acceleration.

5. Can I use an Intel MAX 10 FPGA for machine learning or artificial intelligence applications?

Yes, Intel MAX 10 FPGAs can be used for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. The FPGA's parallel computing architecture and high processing speed make it well-suited for tasks such as deep learning, neural network inference, and image recognition.