Why was my thread deleted?

• Thread starter timmeister37
  • Start date
In summary, the thread was deleted without any explanation and I feel like I am being discriminated against.
timmeister37
On June 03, 2020, I created a thread titled "A common sense solution to racist policing". This thread obeyed all the rules for the General Discussion forum in Evo's thread "General Discussion Forum rules." Even though my thread followed all the rules that Evo stated for the General Discussion subforum, my thread was deleted without any explanation.

Why was my thread "A common sense solution to racist policing" deleted?

Likes nrqed
Physics news on Phys.org
Also, I created another thread on the "Art, Linguistics, music, and history" subforum titled "Opposite attitudes towards manual labor in Old South & Nazi Germany" that was deleted. This thread also followed all the rules for this message board and was deleted without any explanation for no apparent reason. What is going on?

Likes nrqed
I feel like I am being discriminated against!

We've deemed these topics too heated and politically attached to live productively here. They also contained personal theories.

Greg Bernhardt said:
We've deemed these topics too heated and politically attached to live productively here.

I understand why you think that the "A common sense solution to racist policing" is too heated to discuss here. I'm very surprised that you think that a thread comparing and contrasting attitudes towards manual labor in the Old South & in Nazi Germany would be too heated to live productively here lol

timmeister37 said:
I'm very surprised that you think that a thread comparing and contrasting attitudes towards manual labor in the Old South & in Nazi Germany

We're not going to wait for Goodwin's Law to take effect? We're going to open up with it?

timmeister37 said:
I feel like I am being discriminated against!

Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes Astronuc, jim mcnamara, phinds and 3 others
timmeister37 said:
I understand why you think that the "A common sense solution to racist policing" is too heated to discuss here. I'm very surprised that you think that a thread comparing and contrasting attitudes towards manual labor in the Old South & in Nazi Germany would be too heated to live productively here lol
A political/history forum would be better for those subjects.
Reddit?

pinball1970 said:
A political/history forum would be better for those subjects.
Reddit?
I posted the thread on Physics Forums' subforum for history lol

Vanadium 50 said:
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
What are you writing about here? I never said anything about any ceremony period.

timmeister37 said:
What are you writing about here? I never said anything about any ceremony period.
It's from Monty python. Constitutional peasant.

Likes Astronuc, russ_watters, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person
Further discussion is not beneficial. Thread closed.

Likes Vanadium 50, Tom.G, BillTre and 2 others

1. Why was my thread deleted?

There are a few reasons why your thread may have been deleted. It could be because it violated the community guidelines or terms of service of the platform where it was posted. It could also be because it was deemed irrelevant or off-topic by the moderators or administrators.

2. Can I get my thread reinstated?

It depends on the reason for deletion. If your thread was deleted due to a violation of community guidelines, it is unlikely that it will be reinstated. However, if it was deleted by mistake or for a minor infraction, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators to appeal for reinstatement.

3. How can I prevent my thread from being deleted in the future?

To avoid having your thread deleted, make sure to read and follow the community guidelines or terms of service of the platform. Additionally, ensure that your thread is relevant to the topic or category where it is posted and does not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.

4. Will I be notified if my thread is deleted?

In most cases, you will receive a notification or message from the moderators or administrators explaining the reason for deletion. However, if your thread was deleted by mistake or due to a technical issue, you may not receive a notification.

5. Can I repost my thread after it has been deleted?

If your thread was deleted for a valid reason, it is not recommended to repost it. However, if you believe that your thread was deleted unfairly, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators to discuss the issue and potentially repost your thread with revisions.