Will the bleed resistors enable a shorter path to ground or not?

• Thread starter checkmatescott
  • Start date
In summary, the P-channel and N-channel FETs are connected in a square and the gates of each are connected together. The P-channel FETs are at the bottom of the square and the N-channel FETs are at the top of the square. The P-channel FETs are connected to the gates of the N-channel FETs and the N-channel FETs are connected to the gates of the P-channel FETs. The supply voltage is 55V and there is a 10kohm resistor between the gates of the P-channel FETs and the sources of the N-channel FETs. There is a T1 and T2 transistor and
I need to choose the N-channel mosfets, how do I do this correctly?

Engineering news on Phys.org
so these are the N chan fets that i have settled on

IRFP4668​

I am still unclear how to make "The two halves a whole" or how to wire it up. As far as I can work out, the N chan fets are used as high side switches. The drain is connected to the supply voltage in my case it will be 55v and source to load. The gate needs the correct vgs to turn it on then I was looking at direct drive, level shifted drive, or bootstrap gate drive. In the picture you provided its a bootstrap driver and I suppose the logic in pins are important can I please have some guidance. Thanks again!
1689096141292.png

can you teach me how to use google effciently for example when you search that initial image and cross checked with the internet?

what is personal speculation

can you draw me a diagram of where and how to place components to at least give me a clue, in the form of a very rough schematic plase

so I've RTFM and i would like a walkthrough of how it works an explaination or description, push in the right direction, without degree level knowledge. Treat me as a layman can anyone shed some light!

Attachments

• IR2103 FBD.jpg
    IR2103 FBD.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 57
checkmatescott said:
can you teach me how to use google effciently for example when you search that initial image and cross checked with the internet?
Probably not.

ok what, is it like this?

Attachments

• IR2103 FBD 2 halves.jpg
    IR2103 FBD 2 halves.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 56
logging off for the night, my eyes are gone cyas

Thread is on "pause" for a bit...

Likes Tom.G
berkeman said:
Thread is on "pause" for a bit...
Whelp, it turns out that this newbie is an accomplished hacker of a number of things, and proud of it. He is now gone, and this thread will remain closed. Sorry that you spent so much time trying to help this "Help Vampire", but his intentions were not good. Thanks folks.

Likes jrmichler and dlgoff