Writer interested in fiction authenticity

• Thread starter Lunden
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fiction
In summary, a writer who is interested in fiction authenticity focuses on creating believable and authentic characters, settings, and plotlines in their works of fiction. They may research extensively, draw from personal experiences, or consult with experts to ensure that their stories are accurate and true to life. The goal of a writer interested in fiction authenticity is to transport readers into the world of their story and make them believe in the characters and events as if they were real.
Lunden
How did you find PF?
Google search for physics discussion forums
Greets!
I'm a novelist, and as the title suggests I'm here to nail down authenticity within my fiction. What drives a great story, no matter how far it stretches the boundaries? The answer's two-fold; first in execution and next in authenticity.

Nothing beats a story that takes hold of your throat and kidnaps you at near threat of violence just to discover what's on the next page. If it hijacks your imagination after you've put the book down, it's not just a story but a story well told. A good book won't just brush you lightly on the cheek and then roll away. It'll leave you breathless and craving for more with no idea where the time went nor what on god's green earth happened around you during the time you were reading.

A good book speeds up the passage of time while you forget you're even reading. These are the stories I wish to write, and through fact checking my fiction, hope you can help me get there.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here. Hopefully you've found our book-writing sections of PF already and are enjoying them. :smile:

Likes Lunden
Appreciate it! And yep, working my way into those sections now. :smile:

Likes berkeman
Lunden said:
What drives a great story, no matter how far it stretches the boundaries? The answer's two-fold; first in execution and next in authenticity.
It's narrative and characters for me.

Likes Lunden
PeroK said:
It's narrative and characters for me.
Agreed, though I fold that in with execution and authenticity. You have your story and how it flows, and the research applied behind it to make the narrative feel natural and the characters both living and believable.