Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS

In summary, This conversation discusses the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS and its potential use for connecting to wi-fi networks. It is clarified that the card is for LAN connectivity and cannot be used for wi-fi networks. A helpful link for setting up wi-fi is also provided.
itsadi
I have a Presario M2202. Wi-fi is not enabled. I found this Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS and one of my friend told me that the card can be used to connect to wi - fi networks. I wanted to know

1. for what is this card used
2. can this be used to connect to wi- fi networks. if yes how

Thank you

Computer science news on Phys.org
itsadi said:
I have a Presario M2202. Wi-fi is not enabled. I found this Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS and one of my friend told me that the card can be used to connect to wi - fi networks. I wanted to know

1. for what is this card used
It is for LAN connectivity, for example plugging in a device such as a DSL modem.

2. can this be used to connect to wi- fi networks.
No, you would need a wireless network adaptor, here is a nice link to an easy "how to" set up wifi". http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/findingusinghotspots/l/blwificonnectio.htm

for your question. The Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS is a type of network interface card (NIC) that allows a computer to connect to a wired Ethernet network. It is typically used in laptops or other devices that do not have built-in Ethernet ports.

This card cannot be used to connect to Wi-Fi networks directly. However, it can be used in conjunction with a wireless router to connect to a Wi-Fi network. The card would connect to the router via the Ethernet port, and the router would then provide a Wi-Fi connection for the device.

I hope this helps clarify the purpose and usage of the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1. What is the purpose of the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS?

The Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS is a device used to connect a computer to an Ethernet network. It allows the computer to access the internet or other devices on the network.

2. How is the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS different from other Ethernet adapters?

The Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS is unique because of its compact size and shape, resembling a credit card. It is also designed for use with laptops, making it a convenient option for those who need to connect to Ethernet networks on the go.

3. Is the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS compatible with all types of computers?

No, the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS is only compatible with computers that have a PCMCIA slot. This includes older laptops and some desktop computers with a PCMCIA card reader.

4. Can the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS be used for wireless connections?

No, the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS is designed for wired Ethernet connections only. It does not have the capability to connect to wireless networks.

5. Does the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS require any software installation?

Yes, the Xircom Credit Card Ethernet Adapter 11PS comes with a software driver that needs to be installed on the computer for it to function properly. The driver can be downloaded from the Xircom website or included on a CD with the adapter.