Your view on indian and pakistani politics?

• News
  • Thread starter haris123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary, In Pakistan, all the leaders are corrupt including the president, and this has led to less faith in government. Pakistan is also the most corrupt country, whereas India has become more corrupt since it became a democracy.
haris123
i would like to rephrase my question - "Which country is the most corrupted country in your opinion? "

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Assuming they were both uncorrupted at t=0, which has become more corrupted since?

Well Pakistan is a brave ally in the international coalition of the willing in the war on terrorism (no really)
And India is a vital trading partner and a great democracy (apparently)

And you can get McDonalds in both of them (although neither are very nice)

NobodySpecial said:
Assuming they were both uncorrupted at t=0, which has become more corrupted since?

what do you think ?

Well Pakistan is a brave ally in the international coalition of the willing in the war on terrorism (no really)
And India is a vital trading partner and a great democracy (apparently)

And you can get McDonalds in both of them (although neither are very nice)

i think people in pakistan have less faith in government because all the leaders are corrupt including the president. i think zardari should be jailed for crimes against humanity.

haris123 said:
i think people in pakistan have less faith in government because all the leaders are corrupt including the president. i think zardari should be jailed for crimes against humanity.

Crimes against humanity is not a very serious crime now-a-days. Also it depends on which sect of the humanity.

[change it to the latest presidents, and to your preferred country]

Vajpayee and Bush are sitting in a bar. A guy walks in and asks the barman, "Isn't that Bush and Vajpayee?".

The barman says "Yes, that's them."

So the guy walks over and says,"Hello, what are u guys doing?"
Bush says, "We're planning world war 3"
Guy says, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Vajpayee says, "Well, we're going to kill 14 million Pakistanis and one bicycle repairman."

The guy exclaimed, "Why a bicycle repairman?!

" Vajpayee turns to Bush and says, " See, I told you no-one would worry about the 14 million Pakistanis!"

I think you need to keep this thread in the context of "normal in the region"? That is, culturally speaking, what is acceptable, what are the expectations and standards in the region - not by standards expectations elsewhere in the world.

Also, it seems to me the problems in India are more complex than in Pakistan. However, Pakistan's problems may be more critical.

Well historically:
The US has courted every military dictator of Pakistan while overthrowing or subverting every attempt at a democratic government there - but that's just standard procedure for any TPLAC that has a communist neighbour.

India has flirted with being communist to get toys from Russia - so was an enemy - then became a cheap place to put your call center so became a friend.
But it doesn't buy many shiny defense toys from us, isn't really a threat and is far too big to invade - so overall basically ignored.

NobodySpecial said:
But it doesn't buy many shiny defense toys from us, isn't really a threat and is far too big to invade - so overall basically ignored.

There's a lot more to global commerce than shiny toys, and we've been partnering with India for decades. We're as entrenched with them, economically, as we are with Japan, S. Korea, China, and Europe.

One of the recently leaked cables gave some regional perspective on the civilian leadership of Pakistan:

Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed said:
[Zardari] is dirty but not dangerous [and (former) prime minister (Nawaz) Sharif is] dangerous but not dirty – this is Pakistan.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/83828/wikileaks-cables-dirty-politicians-and-enriched-uranium/

According to at least a few of my ex-pat friends, the Pakistani military is viewed as being the relatively clean, relatively secular bedrock of Pakistani society, and has acted as a Praetorian Guard ready to step in should the civilian leadership step out of line. I'm not sure what role their intelligence service (the ISI) plays, but they don't apparently always act in concert.

MATLABdude said:
According to at least a few of my ex-pat friends, the Pakistani military is viewed as being the relatively clean, relatively secular bedrock of Pakistani society, and has acted as a Praetorian Guard ready to step in should the civilian leadership step out of line. I'm not sure what role their intelligence service (the ISI) plays, but they don't apparently always act in concert.

i some how doubt that. ISI and zardari are equally dirty. well let's hope for Pakistan's sake, they are headed in the right direction

haris123 said:
i would like to rephrase my question - "Which country is the most corrupted country in your opinion? "
This is not acceptable per our guidelines.

5) When posting on topics of foreign policy or world issues, remember to ensure the topic is presented in a manner that makes all of our membership welcome to participate. Keep in mind we have an international membership at PF. Issues of domestic policy for any nation are acceptable topics for discussion, but remember that not all members are from the same country or even region of the world, thus tolerance of these external views is required.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113181

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is your opinion on the current relationship between India and Pakistan?

As a scientist, my view on the relationship between India and Pakistan is that it is complex and multifaceted. Both countries have a long history of conflict and tension, but there have also been efforts towards reconciliation and cooperation. It is important for both nations to engage in open and productive dialogue to address the issues that divide them.

2. How do you think the political climate in India and Pakistan impacts their scientific progress?

The political climate in any country can have a significant impact on its scientific progress. In the case of India and Pakistan, the ongoing conflicts and political instability can detract from investments in scientific research and collaborations. However, both countries have made significant strides in science and technology despite these challenges.

3. What role do you believe science plays in shaping the political landscape of India and Pakistan?

Science, particularly in the fields of technology and medicine, can have a significant impact on the political landscape of any country. In the case of India and Pakistan, scientific advancements can help address issues such as poverty, healthcare, and environmental challenges, which in turn can shape the political priorities and policies of the nations.

4. In your opinion, what are the biggest challenges facing the science community in India and Pakistan?

The science community in India and Pakistan faces a number of challenges, including limited funding, brain drain, and lack of infrastructure. Additionally, the ongoing conflicts and political tensions can also hinder international collaborations and exchanges, which are crucial for scientific progress.

5. How do you think the international community can support and contribute to the development of science in India and Pakistan?

The international community can play a crucial role in supporting and contributing to the development of science in India and Pakistan. This can include providing funding for research projects, promoting collaborations and exchanges between scientists from different countries, and offering technical assistance and resources to improve infrastructure and scientific capabilities in both nations.