The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian, last episode tonight.

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
In summary, Conan's last episode as host of the Tonight Show is tonight. Conan is definitely a better host than Leno ever could be, but of course all good things must be destroyed by corporate douche bags. The only late night show that's on now that's even remotely entertaining is Craig Ferguson.
Topher925
If anyone cares, Conan's last episode as host of the tonight show is tonight. Conan is definitely a better host than Leno ever could be, but of course all good things must be destroyed by corporate douche bags. The only late night show that's on now that's even remotely entertaining is Craig Ferguson. I really wish companies such as NBC Fox wouldn't kill off the only quality programming that they provide.

http://blog.rooftopcomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nbc_sucks1.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
it's a generational thing, i think. NBC is betting on the oldfart demographic. which, maybe, is the right move. broadcast television is kind of like AM radio now.

I'm going to miss Conan! He was awesome, and such a dork, and that's why I liked watching him. Way better than Leno.

Alright, I saw this thread and had to watch. Not to say that I haven't been a Conan fan, but the last show of his that I made to point to watch was his third show, on the Late Show. That was in 1993. :biggrin:

Neil Young! Not bad for a last musical guest.

I don't know why anyone ever liked Conan. I think the demographic he'd appeal to has a bedtime before the Tonight Show comes on. He might have a better chance being on during the hour before the adolescent boys who like the shock jock junk on the radio go to school.

Their viewers must agree. No network is going to drop a host if the show is getting good ratings. They probably also came to their senses that filling up all of the 10 PM slots during the week with a single show is wasting prime time space for the more adult-themed shows that can't be aired earlier but get a lot of viewers.

On one of Conan's very first shows, back in 1993, he had Jamie Lee Curtis on as a guest. This led to what must be one of the most uncomfortable moments on television. Conan was very green and awkward. His skills as an interviewer were clearly lacking. Eventually, much to Conan's dismay, Curtis starts cracking up and finally manges to blurt out that this is the worst interview she has ever had. She then got up and left during the interview! Poor Conan was stunned. What a lousy way to start a new show.

I tried to watch it but I fell asleep halfway through (not hating on Coco, I was sleepy)

Moonbear said:
I don't know why anyone ever liked Conan. I think the demographic he'd appeal to has a bedtime before the Tonight Show comes on. He might have a better chance being on during the hour before the adolescent boys who like the shock jock junk on the radio go to school.

Their viewers must agree. No network is going to drop a host if the show is getting good ratings. They probably also came to their senses that filling up all of the 10 PM slots during the week with a single show is wasting prime time space for the more adult-themed shows that can't be aired earlier but get a lot of viewers.

Oh, come on now. I'm sure you must know that humor is subjective!

I agree with you in a way, however. I don't think The Tonight Show was really a good fit for Conan's style. Or, rather, Conan's style was NOT a good fit with the Leno-era Tonight Show demographic.

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, saw this coming -- except, apparently, the network executives. Those morons should have taken note when the local affiliates complained BEFORE Leno took to prime. There have been quite a few major markets that have seen their late-news take some pretty big hits because of the weak lead-in.

Also, I can assure you that my bedtime is after 11:35PM. :biggrin:

What is "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian"?

"The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian" was a late-night talk show that aired on NBC from June 1, 2009 to January 22, 2010. It was hosted by comedian Conan O'Brian and featured celebrity interviews, musical performances, and comedic sketches.

When did the last episode of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian" air?

The last episode of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian" aired on January 22, 2010.

Why did "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian" end?

The show ended due to a conflict between NBC and O'Brian. The network wanted to move the show's timeslot to accommodate Jay Leno's return to late-night programming, but O'Brian refused to move the show and ultimately left NBC.

Who were the guests on the last episode of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian"?

The guests on the last episode of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian" were Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell, and musical guest Neil Young.

What happened to Conan O'Brian after "The Tonight Show" ended?

After leaving "The Tonight Show," O'Brian went on to host a new talk show called "Conan" on TBS. The show premiered on November 8, 2010 and is still airing today.

Back