PF Member 3 Year Anniversary: Carlos J.'s Graduation Journey

• Thread starter Pyrrhus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, Carlos joined PF in 2003 and has been a constant member since then. He has branched out and started a second business since he joined. He is finishing his undergraduate degree at UCLA and plans to start his PhD next year.
Pyrrhus
Homework Helper
Hey PF!, It's going to be 3 years since i joined this site. I am a civil engineering major in the Dominican Republic.

When i joined this site, i was just a sophomore, and now i am a senior, plus i am already starting my thesis! . Time does fly!, 2007 is going be a huge change for me, i am going to graduate at about the same date i joined this site in august (My PF 3 Year Anniversary). I'm already applying to Grad School in the USA, so who knows, maybe i'll go to one of the PF Meetings :smile: .

I wonder what changes 2007 is going to bring to some of you guys? any other students on the verge of graduations?

Regards,
Carlos J.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey...today appears to be my 1000th day (+/- 3 days, too lazy to crunch numbers carefully)! When I joined PF, I was a stupid moron...now I'm a slightly wiser moron. I'm anticipating graduation in roughly a year.

The 15th of February will complete two full years on PF for me.

EDIT: Holy crap my post count is low.

It'll be my third year on the 13th. I didn't realize I'd been on here so long and contributed so little :frown:

I'm here since June 2005 or so, but I'm active since September 2006, I guess. Graduating in approximately two years, perhaps a bit earlier, if everything goes right. :approve:

2007 is pretty much going to be similar to 2006 for me, I think.

It will be my third year also in like the beginning of February.

I've only been here a few months, but thought I'd join in the "veteran" conversation! I'll be graduating in the summer with an undergrad Maths masters degree. 2007 will be more of the same... although I can't go into exam periods and think "it's not the end of the world if I don't do well.. there's always next year!"

Jan. 13 will be my 800th day of membership already (2.19 years)!

I graduated last summer and hence why I'm almost a constant presence lurking on the forums since June. I'm taking a gap before I start my PhD in september or october.

When I first joined PF I was just taking classes at a community college at night, not sure what I was going to end up doing, or where I would transfer.

Last week I found out that I have senior standing at UCLA. (No senior citizen jokes please!) It just showed up on my student web page one day - Bling! Kinda cool. I still have eleven more classes to go before I graduate, but I finally feel like I am getting close to the finish line.

Wow, I'll have been here 3 years this month! :bugeye: Time sure does fly when you're having fun! Why hasn't anybody seriously studied that phenomenon, huh? :biggrin:

For me it will be four years this April. When I landed here I had been on the road for most of the previous two years, with about 100,000 air miles per year under my belt. My butt was shaped like an airplane seat at that point!

With some planned time off, in March of 2003 I had arrived home just in time to sit and watch the invasion of Iraq. So, that's what I did pretty much every waking moment. In all, being that I was about as burned out as a person can get, I took a couple of months off. One-hundred plus hour weeks had been the norm and I was physically and mentally [critically] exhausted. At that point I decided to quit the travel and build a base of customers who would not require travel. It took some time to restructure the customer base, but I'm still here and last year was pretty good. Some travel is still required at times but nothing like before.

Now I am branching out and starting a second business...

I've been here over a year. i started out as a moron and now I'm a more educated moron

1. What is the significance of Carlos J.'s graduation journey?

The 3-year anniversary of PF Member Carlos J.'s graduation journey marks an important milestone in his personal and academic growth. It celebrates his dedication and hard work towards achieving his educational goals and serves as inspiration for others facing similar challenges.

2. How did Carlos J. prepare for his graduation?

Carlos J. prepared for his graduation by staying focused on his studies and setting specific goals for himself. He also sought guidance and support from his peers and mentors, and utilized resources such as study groups and tutoring services.

3. What obstacles did Carlos J. face during his graduation journey?

Carlos J. faced several obstacles during his graduation journey, including financial constraints, personal challenges, and the demands of his academic program. However, he persevered through these challenges and remained committed to his goal of graduating.

4. How did Carlos J.'s experience at PF contribute to his graduation?

Carlos J.'s experience at PF played a significant role in his graduation journey. The community of like-minded individuals provided him with valuable support, motivation, and resources. Additionally, the PF curriculum and mentorship helped him develop essential skills and knowledge that were crucial for his academic success.

5. What advice does Carlos J. have for others embarking on their own graduation journey?

Carlos J. advises others to stay determined and focused on their goals, even when faced with challenges. Seek support and guidance from peers and mentors, and utilize available resources. Most importantly, never give up and never underestimate the power of hard work and perseverance.