2nd Bachelors at top school vs Masters at not so top

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
USN2ENG
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Quick question:

I am currently in a ABET accredited non ranked BSIE program (NC A&T) getting a 2nd bachelors (1st was in psychology from UNC). My school has expressed that since I have a psych degree I can go into the Human Factors MSIE program. And once in, if I want, I can change my focus (say to OR).

Also,

I was recently accepted into a top 10 BSIE Program at NC State.

I will have 2 years left either way and I was wondering which is the better option for a future. Is it better to have a no name MS without a relevant BS, or to have the top 10 BS?

Also, is switching once in the MS normal, or something like a loophole?

Thanks for any help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean "better"...more salary post-graduation? on applications to pursue a ph.d.? your own personal satisfaction that you accomplished something?

What's "better" for one person isn't necessarily better for someone else.
 
Thanks for the reply,

By better I mean both a better educational foundation, and a better use of my time on the path to becoming an Industrial engineer. Also, on a resume, and hireability.

Thanks again!