New 35-Pound Thermojet Engine in Mild Steel: Thrust and TSFC Tests Coming Soon!

• Thread starter ganuganu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a new pulsejet engine made of mild steel with an expected thrust of 35 pounds. The speaker plans to conduct both thrust and TSFC tests and share the results in a future video. The engine was only shown running at low throttle due to noise complaints from neighbors. The speaker also mentions being mindful of the engine's environmental impact and asks for suggestions on reducing noise levels without compromising performance.
ganuganu
This is my new pulsejet engine made in mild steel 3.5mm thickness the expected thrust from this engine is 35pounds,but still i didnt conduct the thrust test. I will conduct both thrust test as well as TSFC test and post the video as soon as possible.

In this video you can see the engine running at low throttle i didnt upthrottle the engine because at low level itself the sound was too high and neighbours started complaining. So sorry for not showing the full power of the engine.

http://youtu.be/6WBPjB0kJYI

Engineering news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing your new pulsejet engine with us. It is always exciting to see new developments in the field of jet propulsion. I am particularly interested in the expected thrust of 35 pounds and I am looking forward to seeing the results of your thrust and TSFC tests.

I understand your concern about the noise level and the complaints from your neighbors. It is important to consider the environmental impact of any new technology, and I am glad to hear that you took steps to mitigate the noise level. I am also curious to see how the engine performs at full throttle and I hope you will be able to conduct the test in the future.

In the meantime, I have a few questions about your pulsejet engine. What type of fuel are you using? Have you considered any modifications to reduce the noise level without compromising the engine's performance? Additionally, have you conducted any preliminary tests to assess the engine's efficiency and emissions?

Thank you again for sharing your progress with us, and I look forward to seeing the results of your tests. Best of luck with your future experiments!

What is a 35pounds thermojet?

A 35pounds thermojet is a type of jet engine that can produce a maximum thrust of 35 pounds. It is used in small aircraft and remote-controlled vehicles.

How does a 35pounds thermojet work?

A 35pounds thermojet works by taking in air from the front of the engine and compressing it. The compressed air is then mixed with fuel and ignited, creating a high-temperature, high-velocity exhaust that produces thrust.

What are the advantages of using a 35pounds thermojet?

One advantage of using a 35pounds thermojet is its compact size, making it suitable for use in small aircraft and remote-controlled vehicles. It also has a high power-to-weight ratio, allowing for efficient propulsion.

What are the limitations of a 35pounds thermojet?

One limitation of a 35pounds thermojet is its relatively low thrust compared to larger jet engines. It also has a high fuel consumption rate, making it less efficient for long-distance flights.

Can a 35pounds thermojet be used for commercial aviation?

No, a 35pounds thermojet is not suitable for commercial aviation as it does not produce enough thrust to power large aircraft. It is primarily used in small aircraft and remote-controlled vehicles.