Ugh! Coffee Stain on My Best Shirt After a Trip to the Dentist

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, the sexy lady gave me a right rollicking about eating sweet stuff and cleaning my teeth proper, thing is i do not like sweet stuff, and all ways clean my teeth with a high fluoride tooth paste, but now coffee has all down my best shirt. I don't know if our water is fluoridated, but I'm scared because I've had a mountain dew everyday for the past few weeks and am going to the dentist in a few days.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Yes 2 on one side and 2 on tother, the denist (sexy lady) gave me a right
rolliking about eating sweet stuff and cleaning my teeth proper, thing is i do not like sweet stuff, and all ways clean my teeth with a high fluoride tooth paste, and now i have coffee all down my best shirt :mad: :mad: :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
Starchy stuff is worse than sweet stuff because it sticks to your teeth better.

wolram said:
Yes 2 on one side and 2 on tother, the denist (sexy lady) gave me a right
rolliking about eating sweet stuff and cleaning my teeth proper, thing is i do not like sweet stuff, and all ways clean my teeth with a high fluoride tooth paste, and now i have coffee all down my best shirt :mad: :mad: :mad:
Is your water fluoridated?

larkspur said:
Is your water fluoridated?
You know i have not a clue, but when i wash the dishes and do not wipe the surfaces it leaves white stains on the drainer, i am sure our government is out to possion us.

They fluoridate the public water around here and those who drink well water are given fluoride supplements to prevent cavities.
Can you correlate the increase in cavities with a move to a new area?

http://www.ada.org/public/topics/fluoride/fluoride_article01.asp"

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember right after I got my braces off I needed 7 fillings... I don't understand it, how does that happen? O_O I brush my teeth several times a day, don't drink soda, don't eat anything sweet, etc. But that was a few years ago... Now I've had a mountain dew everyday for the past three or four weeks and am going to the dentist in a few days... I'm scared O_O

Don't forget that starches are broken down into simple sugars by the saliva. You don't have to eat "sweets" to get sugar into your system (or onto your teeth).

1. What causes coffee stains on clothes?

Coffee stains on clothes are caused by the tannins in coffee, which are pigmented molecules that can bind to fabric fibers. These tannins are more concentrated in darker roasts, making them more likely to cause stains.

2. Why did the stain happen after a trip to the dentist?

The most likely explanation for the stain appearing after a trip to the dentist is that the coffee may have been accidentally spilled on the shirt during the visit. This is a common occurrence, especially if the patient is holding a cup of coffee while sitting in the dentist's chair.

3. Is there a way to prevent coffee stains on clothes?

Yes, there are a few ways to prevent coffee stains on clothes. One method is to treat the fabric with a stain repellent spray before wearing it. Another option is to wear a protective apron or cover-up while drinking coffee. Additionally, quickly blotting the stain with a damp cloth can help prevent it from setting in.

4. How can I remove a coffee stain from my shirt?

There are several methods for removing coffee stains from clothes, including using a stain remover or pre-treating the stain with liquid laundry detergent. You can also try soaking the stained area in a mixture of water and white vinegar before washing. It's important to act quickly, as the longer the stain sits, the harder it will be to remove.

5. Can coffee stains be removed from all types of fabric?

It depends on the type of fabric and the severity of the stain. Some fabrics, such as delicate silk or wool, may be more difficult to remove stains from. It's always best to check the care instructions on the clothing label and test any stain removal method on a small, inconspicuous area before attempting to remove the stain from the entire garment.