Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

4 fillings

1. May 22, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Yes 2 on one side and 2 on tother, the denist (sexy lady) gave me a right
    rolliking about eating sweet stuff and cleaning my teeth proper, thing is i do not like sweet stuff, and all ways clean my teeth with a high flouride tooth paste, and now i have coffee all down my best shirt :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2006 #2

dav2008

Gold Member

Starchy stuff is worse than sweet stuff because it sticks to your teeth better.

4. May 22, 2006 #3
    Is your water fluoridated?

5. May 22, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

You know i have not a clue, but when i wash the dishes and do not wipe the surfaces it leaves white stains on the drainer, i am sure our goverment is out to possion us.

6. May 22, 2006 #5
    They fluoridate the public water around here and those who drink well water are given fluoride supplements to prevent cavities.
    Can you correlate the increase in cavities with a move to a new area?

http://www.ada.org/public/topics/fluoride/fluoride_article01.asp

7. May 22, 2006 #6
    I remember right after I got my braces off I needed 7 fillings.... I don't understand it, how does that happen? O_O I brush my teeth several times a day, don't drink soda, don't eat anything sweet, etc. But that was a few years ago.... Now I've had a mountain dew everyday for the past three or four weeks and am going to the dentist in a few days... I'm scared O_O

8. May 22, 2006 #7
    Don't forget that starches are broken down into simple sugars by the saliva. You don't have to eat "sweets" to get sugar into your system (or onto your teeth).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?