What are the differences between these two photos?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, these photos show three ways in which people can be tricked. The first photo shows someone who is trying to be scared, but is not succeeding. The second photo shows someone who is actually scared, and the third photo shows someone who is not scared.
Lis, you mentally sick!
That ppopup image makes the gum i am chewing goes down my throat suddenly.
I just put it in my mouth only moment ago,

Physics news on Phys.org
djeipa said:
Lis, you mentally sick!
Yeah totally sicko-like. Now she owes you a piece of gum. (A new piece that she hasn't chewed, I'll dare suggest.)

heh, it shows up too fast... i opened the window, checked lisa!'s instructions once more, and looked at the other window and all i saw was spongebob... i was like... wtf... so i read other people's posts to figure out what the hell i was looking at and... well, there ghoes the surprise.

EnumaElish said:
Yeah totally sicko-like. Now she owes you a piece of gum. (A new piece that she hasn't chewed, I'll dare suggest.)
Ooooohhhhh, you know, what you say has stayed on my mind for long minutes, but I still can't figure out what you really wanted to tell..:blushing:

Now, it's not my fault at all! I warneed you not to take it 2 times, but "curiosity killed the cat". Why can't you believe someone would be honest?o:)

djeipa said:
Ooooohhhhh, you know, what you say has stayed on my mind for long minutes, but I still can't figure out what you really wanted to tell..:blushing:
It's okay, I am not sure I myself can understand it any longer, but let me try:

You posted:
djeipa said:
Lis, you mentally sick!
which I read and thought about. Then I posted:
EnumaElish (that's me said:
Since Lisa!'s sick "joke" made you swallow a piece of (almost new) gum, I thought that Lisa! owes you another piece. And then I thought, what if she is the kind of person who will say "you want a piece? Sure, here, take this!" and spit out her gum from her mouth and offer it to you in mock generosity. If she is capable of posting the kind of "humor" that might scare people if not to death then to a mouthful of bad words addressed at none other than her, then, my friend, she is surely capable of justifying this kind of crude behavior by arguing "did djeipa swallow an untouched piece of gum? I don't think so. I think djeipa swallowed a chewed gum. So I am giving my chewed gum to djeipa to replace the piece that djeipa swallowed." :yuck: Let me tell you, my friend, I took the time to figure out this course of events and resolved to myself that I would pre-empt Lisa!'s potentially opportunistic behavior by publicly posting that she should give you a NEW piece of gum, and not a chewed piece.

Lisa! You're DEAD ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

EnumaElish said:
It's okay, I am not sure I myself can understand it any longer, but let me try:

You posted:which I read and thought about. Then I posted:Since Lisa!'s sick "joke" made you swallow a piece of (almost new) gum, I thought that Lisa! owes you another piece. And then I thought, what if she is the kind of person who will say "you want a piece? Sure, here, take this!" and spit out her gum from her mouth and offer it to you in mock generosity. If she is capable of posting the kind of "humor" that might scare people if not to death then to a mouthful of bad words addressed at none other than her, then, my friend, she is surely capable of justifying this kind of crude behavior by arguing "did djeipa swallow an untouched piece of gum? I don't think so. I think djeipa swallowed a chewed gum. So I am giving my chewed gum to djeipa to replace the piece that djeipa swallowed." :yuck: Let me tell you, my friend, I took the time to figure out this course of events and resolved to myself that I would pre-empt Lisa!'s potentially opportunistic behavior by publicly posting that she should give you a NEW piece of gum, and not a chewed piece.

Good idea.

We definitely can't trus her left to her own devices.

1.I wouldn't give him anything since I don't owe him anything. If he nicely asked, well I might do it!
2. I didn't post this to scare people. I just wanted to know how much you care about warnings! You know something, once I read somewhere "People simply believe when scientists say there are X stars in the sky but if you tell them "This chair is just painted and becareful" All of them want to give it a try and see whether it's really painted just now or not". It's human's nature you should blame not me. Of course I admire human's curiosity but it's not good all the time!

Gokul43201 said:
Lisa! You're DEAD ! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Wow! I have no wish to scare a Super Mentor but it's not my fault! o:)

Lisa! said:
Now, it's not my fault at all! I warneed you not to take it 2 times, but "curiosity killed the cat". Why can't you believe someone would be honest?o:)
No, an honest post would say, "Yo fellow PF'ers, I hate to admit that I fell for this stupid 'test,' which scared the daylight out of me and made me to start drinking martinis again (y'know, these days they come straight out of this bottle); now I want to see the same misery afflicting you." And, although my cat came mighty close to getting killed about a hour ago, that was for an altogether different reason. She has been recovering since.

Last edited:
franznietzsche said:
Good idea.

We definitely can't trus her left to her own devices.
Nope! Definitely wrong! Go back to the original post of the thread and of course the title. Your main problem is that you didn't trust my warnings!

On the other hand how bad all of you are? Another person has posted it in another forum and all of us told her "Thanks. That was nice." Don't tell me we were grateful because we wanted to scare people by that. As I told you I wasn't scared, so I thought it was impossible you brave men would be scared! :eek:

Lisa! said:
Nope! Definitely wrong! Go back to the original post of the thread and of course the title. Your main problem is that you didn't trust my warnings!

On the other hand how bad all of you are? Another person has posted it in another forum and all of us told her "Thanks. That was nice." Don't tell me we were grateful because we wanted to scare people by that. As I told you I wasn't scared, so I thought it was impossible you brave men would be scared! :eek:

I didn't click it, so I wasn't scared.

:tongue:

How bad am I? I can't reveal that and keep my membership. So you'll just have to wonder.

No, no, no! You're not bad at all. You know who is bad? A person who wants to accused someone else of what he did wrong himself. It's really surprising! Our brave men were scared by an old trick while I warned them not to take this test!

EnumaElish said:
No, an honest post would say, "Yo fellow PF'ers, I hate to admit that I fell for this stupid 'test,' which scared the daylight out of me and made me to start drinking martinis again (y'know, these days they come straight out of this bottle); now I want to see the same misery afflicting you." And, although my cat came mighty close to getting killed about a hour ago, that was for an altogether different reason. She has been recovering since.
Sorry, I wasn't scared. Perhaps your problem is aout that: "Why a girl wasn't scared but we were!" And now you want me to tell a lie and say I was scared too. In order you feel better about yourself and say "All right, it scares everyone. So I'm not timid"

Lisa! has warned me but stupidly I didn't heed her warnings. When fell for it I needed a scaregoat so blamed Lisa!. Thanks for teaching me a lesson about myself, Lisa! That was nice. May I have another?

Lisa! said:
No, no, no! You're not bad at all. You know who is bad? A person who wants to accused someone else of what he did wrong himself. It's really surprising! Our brave men were scared by an old trick while I warned them not to take this test!

So you admit it was a trick, and therefore dishonest! As I said, you cannot be trusted.

Sorry, I wasn't scared. Perhaps your problem is aout that: "Why a girl wasn't scared but we were!" And now you want me to tell a lie and say I was scared too. In order you feel better about yourself and say "All right, it scares everyone. So I'm not timid"

Your doubletalk will get you nowhere.

EnumaElish said:
May I have another?

franznietzsche said:
So you admit it was a trick, and therefore dishonest! As I said, you cannot be trusted.

Your doubletalk will get you nowhere.
I forgive you because: o:)
1. Of Franzbear
2. It's the first day we got to know each other! :smile:

EnumaElish said:
Lisa! has warned me but stupidly I didn't heed her warnings. When fell for it I needed a scaregoat so blamed Lisa!. Thanks for teaching me a lesson about myself, Lisa! That was nice. May I have another?
Ok, thanks! Although sounds fishy!

Lisa! said:
I forgive you because: o:)
1. Of Franzbear
2. It's the first day we got to know each other! :smile:

Hard to believe franzbear could ever be counted as a positive deed.

I took the eyesight test, not really scary at all.

Then again, I did it without any sound (so all I saw what some burning face :rolleyes: moving forward and backwards)
It got kinda annoying and I closed the window; love the teeth though :smile:

OK, I never have seen this "practical joke" before. I was ready for something, but I didn't know what. I think that the anticipation of waiting for something to happen made the experience worse. Also, I had the sound all the way up.

Yes, I jumped. Ha ha , f***ing ha! Laugh at the weenie man. I got to go change.

It didn't scareyou alot, did it?:blushing:

Lisa! said:
It didn't scareyou alot, did it?:blushing:

You're a horrible horrible person.

You made him soil himself.

franznietzsche said:

Not as horrible as someone who leaves his son with people who are going to kill him and even worse he wants to kill him because of getting a prize. Again forgive you because of Franzbear! :smile: Although I heard you were drunk when he was born and didn't care about him at all! ( :cry: )

Lisa! said:
Not as horrible as someone who leaves his son with people who are going to kill him and even worse he wants to kill him because of getting a prize. Again forgive you because of Franzbear! :smile: Although I heard you were drunk when he was born and didn't care about him at all! ( :cry: )

The bugger was my thread to kill, by virtue of being named as champine thread-killer by tribdog.

franznietzsche said:
The bugger was my thread to kill, by virtue of being named as champine thread-killer by tribdog.
No excuse is accepted! :smile:

franznietzsche said:

It wasn't soil!

! of you has put a curse on me. Last night I was hals sleep but suddenly I heard a terrible noise of 2 silly cats that were fighting or something else! :zzz: (I wasn't scared again! :cool: )

Lisa!, was that one of these tests where a "professional team" would stop random people on the street and tell them to lean against a "building that is about to tip over" while "they call for help"? Well more than 50% of the people do as they are told.

There was another psych experiment where a team of white coats told the REAL subject to press a button to inflict pain on a fictitious subject in an imaginary "pain threshold experiment," while they played taped moans and screams behind a panel, and the real subjects would still continue pressing the pain button because the white coats were telling them "it was okay, it was a scientific experiment."

EnumaElish said:
Lisa!, was that one of these tests where a "professional team" would stop random people on the street and tell them to lean against a "building that is about to tip over" while "they call for help"? Well more than 50% of the people do as they are told.

There was another psych experiment where a team of white coats told the REAL subject to press a button to inflict pain on a fictitious subject in an imaginary "pain threshold experiment," while they played taped moans and screams behind a panel, and the real subjects would still continue pressing the pain button because the white coats were telling them "it was okay, it was a scientific experiment."
Interesting! :smile: You know I'm only 1 person but well I have to admit that I'm interested in people's reactions in these situation. As you see I warned all of you "please not to take this test", but everyone did! :eek: Honestly I didn't want to scare anyone and was in doubt to post this here. Although I hadturned the volume down so I didn't think it could be scary at all. :blushing: I'm not crazy enough to do experiments on humans!

But you do owe djeipa a freshly minted piece of gum. Yeeshh you dooo!

And he owe me an "a" and "!" , although everone knows I owe him nothing.:biggrin:

http://www.allthetests.com/tests/flipmatch/puzzle.php3

Firts try: 43 guesses
Second try: 25 guesses
Best one: 23

16 guesses! :rolleyes: