A couple of questions regarding AREAS (and getting the formulas,etc.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter mathzeroh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Areas Couple
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
67 replies · 6K views
You're right, it's confusing. I think that by "area", they mean the area of the whole garden. In that case, it would be 1081.125 sq. ft.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Think of it like this fellas:
 
Attachments
  • The Rectangle.JPG
    The Rectangle.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 451
dextercioby said:
It's not the only way to think of this problem... :wink:


Daniel.

No argument there. this is math, math is infinite...sometimes. :biggrin:
 
I think it's the way the textbook and the teacher want us too. :wink:
 
christinono said:
I think it's the way the textbook and the teacher want us too. :wink:

Did u talk to them...??How would you know what the teacher thinks...? :-p Did u ask the book...?? :-p

Daniel.
 
didn't you know, I'm psychic! :biggrin:
No, judging by the complexity of the first 3 problems, I'm assuming that's what they meant. :smile: