Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Yes,it's correct.
Daniel.
Daniel.
dextercioby said:Yes,it's correct.
Daniel.
mathzeroh said:who? me?![]()
dextercioby said:Yes,u are correct...Does it sound unbelievebly well,or what...?![]()
Daniel.
yes! that is unbelievable.Really?dextercioby said:For the last point (#4),i get the area
[tex]S=666.125 ft^{2}[/tex]
if u don't include the rectangle of sides 7 and 36.5.
If u do,then the total area is 921.625 ft^{2}
Daniel.
Sorry, typed my answer for the area wrong. I got 1081.125 sq. ft. too!christinono said:Really?
I got the sides to be: 13.25ft, 20.25ft, 46.5ft
and the area to be 1091.125 sq. ft.
But maybe I'm wrong...
The length is: 80 = (x-10) + (x-3) + ydextercioby said:What's the area function for the rectangle in the right (similar to problem #1).Isn't it
[tex]S(x)=x(73-2x)[/tex]
Daniel.
dextercioby said:What's the area function for the rectangle in the right (similar to problem #1).Isn't it
[tex]S(x)=x(73-2x)[/tex]
Daniel.
Same thing I did!mathzeroh said:hmm..i got this:
x=93-2y
so the area function that i got out of that was this:
A=y(93-2y)
![]()
![]()
christinono said:The length is: 80 = (x-10) + (x-3) + y
y is: y = 80-(2x-13)
The area is: A = (x)(93-2x)
The x value of the vertex is 23.25
That's how i did it...
christinono said:Same thing I did!(just different variables)
Daniel, I don't agree. We are looking for the area of the WHOLE garden, not just the area enclosed by the fence. When I said that:dextercioby said:Okay guys the total LENGTH OF THE WIRE/FENCE NEEDS TO BE 80,REMEMBER?![]()
Take the rectangle from the right (similar with the one in the first problem).The total legth available is 80-(10-3)=73 ft...
The area function is
[tex]S(x)=x(73-x)[/tex]
which gives a maximum area of 666.125ft squared.
If u add the rectangle which has fence only on one out of the 4 sides,the total area becomes 921.625.
Daniel.
I don't understand what you mean or what is wrong with how we solved the problem.dextercioby said:No.You should add:
10-3+y+2x=80
And the total area is y(x+7).
Daniel.
christinono said:Daniel, I don't agree. We are looking for the area of the WHOLE garden, not just the area enclosed by the fence.
christinono said:80 = (x-10) + (x-3) + y, I was saying the total length of the fence was 80 ft. What was represented by "x" was the total bottom side (same as the top), not just the length of the wire on the bottom.
christinono said:Daniel, could you define what "x" is in your equation?