1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Differential Equation. NEED your help

1. Jun 27, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone, I need your help. I am getting trouble in two differential Equation.

The first one:
    How can I solve the family of Differential Equation y' = -y*(y-6)^2 - a ? I want to sketch the bifurcation diagram, and what value can “a” be? THX.

The second one:
    A DE y' = (1/t)*(2*y + 1). Does there exist a unique solution that satisfies y(-1) = 0? If so, find it. If not, find all solutions and explain why this does not contradict the uniqueness Theorem. How to solve it? Plz.
    I am now waiting the answers online. Thx.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2010 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

What have you tried? Per the rules of this forum, you need to show some effort at the solution of homework problems.

4. Jun 28, 2010 #3
    The second one, i think, there is only one solution.

5. Jun 28, 2010 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Moderator's note: thread moved to Homework forums from Differential Equations.
    If you don't explain how you figured that out, people could assume you are just doing a random guess, which really isn't making an attempt at solving the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook