A good book for intro circuit analysis?

In summary, the best book for learning introductory circuit analysis will depend on personal preferences and learning styles. Some popular options include "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by James A. Svoboda and Richard C. Dorf, "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku, and "Circuit Analysis: Theory and Practice" by Allan H. Robbins and Wilhelm C. Miller. A good book for intro circuit analysis should cover topics such as Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, DC and AC circuits, network theorems, capacitance and inductance, and frequency response. Prior knowledge of electrical engineering is not necessary to understand a book on intro circuit analysis, but
vg19
Can anyone reccomend me a good book and introductory electrical engineering circuit analysis?

I currently have Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis by Irwin/Nelms, but am not too fond of it.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I also recommend Fundamentals of Electric Circuits by Alexander & Sadiku. You can pick the 2nd edition for cheap on ebay or half.

1. What is the best book for learning introductory circuit analysis?

The best book for learning introductory circuit analysis will depend on personal preferences and learning styles. However, some popular options among students and professionals include "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by James A. Svoboda and Richard C. Dorf, "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku, and "Circuit Analysis: Theory and Practice" by Allan H. Robbins and Wilhelm C. Miller.

2. What topics should be covered in a good book for intro circuit analysis?

A good book for intro circuit analysis should cover topics such as Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, DC and AC circuits, network theorems, capacitance and inductance, and frequency response. It should also include practical examples and exercises to enhance understanding and application of the concepts.

3. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of electrical engineering to understand a book on intro circuit analysis?

No, it is not necessary to have prior knowledge of electrical engineering to understand a book on intro circuit analysis. Most introductory books assume no prior knowledge and start from the basics. However, some familiarity with algebra, trigonometry, and physics concepts can be helpful.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement a book for intro circuit analysis?

Yes, there are several online resources that can supplement a book for intro circuit analysis. Some popular options include online tutorials, video lectures, practice problems and quizzes, and interactive simulations. Many textbooks also have companion websites with additional resources for students.

5. How can I choose the right book for my learning style?

To choose the right book for your learning style, you can read reviews and recommendations from other students and professionals, browse through sample chapters or online previews, and consider your preferred learning methods (visual, auditory, hands-on, etc.). It is also helpful to consult with a teacher or mentor for their suggestions.