A good book that covers everything?

In summary: Classical Mechanics... If you are looking for a book that will cover everything about Classical Physics (forces, motion, Newton's laws, oscillations, rotational motions, momentum, collision crashes, waves, etc...) and maybe some electromagnetic stuff, I would recommend the book "In summary, the book I am looking for is called "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin. This book has both historical background and the mathematical concepts with a very good construction, aimed for people not only for reading but learning how to solve problems of that kind.
babaliaris
Hello!

About Me:
I'm an Electrical And Computer Engineer under graded student. The only physics we learn in the University in which I'm enrolled is Electromagnetics and nothing more. Well in high school we learned Classical Physics but i don't remember anything (Except some of Newton's motion equations)! Of course all the work i did by solving exercises weren't in vain. I believe if i read a proper book all of the work that i did in High school will return.

What I'm looking For:
So I'm looking for a book that will cover everything about Classical Physics (forces, motion, Newton's laws, oscillations, rotational motions, momentum, collision crashes, waves, etc...) and maybe some electromagnetic stuff. I don't know if waves are part of Classical Physics but i remember learning them in High school. I also remember learning Balances of materials in high school but i can't remember the correct terminology about it in Physics. So is there a good book (not a priority but i would like a Greek copy of it) about all these stuff that will contain both historical background and the mathematical concepts with a very good construction, aimed for people not only for reading but learning how to solve problems of that kind. Also notice that when i say mathematical concepts i don't mean for example what an integrate is but all the formulas and stuff you need to know about a specific topic in physics like Newton's laws.

Mathematical Background:
Also please consider that i have a good background in mathematics (algebra, basic linear algebra, calculus, and some really really basic knowledge about 3D space vectors). I'm bad in geometry :(

Thank you and excuse my grammar :p

Physics news on Phys.org
https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=laKGAgAAQBAJ&source=gbs_navlinks_s
An Introduction to Mechanics
Daniel Kleppner, Robert Kolenkow

https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=Ni6CD7K2X4MC&source=gbs_navlinks_s
Introduction to Classical Mechanics
David Morin

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486432610/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Theoretical Mechanics of Particles and Continua
Alexander L. Fetter, John Dirk Walecka

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0750628960/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Mechanics
L D Landau, E.M. Lifshitz

A fairly standard, classic textbook is Halliday & Resnick, "Fundamentals of Physics". It is used in a lot of college freshman physics classes. Early editions have been around since the 1960's and have stood the test of time.

vanhees71 said:
Maybe the Feynman Lectures are a good choice. You can legally look at it for free here:

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/info/

I don't know, whether there is a Greek translation.

This seems really interesting! I read it a little and explored the contents.
I'm a book lover (meaning that i like reading in a physical book and not through a screen)
but this site is really interesting, i will start reading from here until i buy a book.

Likes FactChecker
FactChecker said:
A fairly standard, classic textbook is Halliday & Resnick, "Fundamentals of Physics". It is used in a lot of college freshman physics classes. Early editions have been around since the 1960's and have stood the test of time.

I don't know if it is a rumor but in my university Halliday & Resnick are rumored to be the best authors for Physic books. For example the Electromagnetic Physics book which they gave us, is this (Physics part ii):
IMG_20180807_171043.jpg
So, I'm really interesting in buying it. It is also quite expensive 153$ https://www.amazon.com/dp/1118230647/?tag=pfamazon01-20 probably meaning value for money.
I'm opened for more suggestions though. If someone has experiences about these books i would like to hear them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180807_171043.jpg
    IMG_20180807_171043.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 506
University Physics, Volumes 1 and 2, Sears and Zemansky: another book that has stood the test of time.

babaliaris said:
This seems really interesting! I read it a little and explored the contents.
I'm a book lover (meaning that i like reading in a physical book and not through a screen)
but this site is really interesting, i will start reading from here until i buy a book.
IMHO, anyone who studies physics MUST look at these books -- especially since they are free. It's a lot to ask to study or even read them completely, but they are delightful for occasional inspiration.

It would be difficult to fit even the basic mechanics of point masses, elastic solids, fluids and electromagnetic fields in a single book, but there are some series of books like the Feynman lectures that cover a wide range of classical mechanics.

1. What makes a book cover everything?

A book that covers everything is one that comprehensively addresses a wide range of topics and provides thorough and detailed information on each subject. It should also be well-researched and present accurate and up-to-date information.

2. Are there any specific genres or categories that a book that covers everything should include?

A good book that covers everything should include a diverse range of genres and categories, such as history, science, literature, art, and philosophy. It should also cover both fiction and non-fiction topics.

3. How do I know if a book truly covers everything?

To determine if a book covers everything, you can check the table of contents or index to see the topics and subjects that are included. You can also read reviews and feedback from other readers to get an idea of the book's coverage.

4. Can a book that covers everything be suitable for all ages?

Yes, a book that covers everything can be suitable for all ages if it is written in a clear and accessible language and presents information in an engaging and understandable way. However, some books may contain mature or complex topics that may not be suitable for younger readers.

5. Is it possible to find a book that covers everything in one specific topic?

While it may be challenging to find a book that covers absolutely everything in one specific topic, there are many books that provide a comprehensive overview and in-depth analysis of a particular subject. It is important to do research and read reviews to find the best book for your specific interests and needs.