A living thing made of different photonic molecules?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter newbie2231
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Molecules Photonic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
newbie2231
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Can an AI one day create a living thing made of different photonic molecules? If it is remotely possible, I would like to know what kind of technological advancement had been made toward that. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've never heard of 'photonic' anything, let alone photonic molecules. Are you sure it's a real thing?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
Photonic molecules are usually structures such as coupled resonators that show resonances that behave similar to bonding and antibonding states in molecules, which is where the name comes from. Sometimes also photons inside materials such as Rydberg matter, which show material-mediated effective photon-photon interactions inside the material are called photonic molecules.

If someone created a living thing out of coupled resonators, I would be pretty worried. That sounds like Franken's monster to me.
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Drakkith