A living thing made of different photonic molecules?

• B
  • Thread starter newbie2231
  • Start date

Summary:

Can an AI one day create a living thing made of different photonic molecules? If it is remotely possible, I would like to know what kind of technological advancement had been made toward that. Thanks.
Can an AI one day create a living thing made of different photonic molecules? If it is remotely possible, I would like to know what kind of technological advancement had been made toward that. Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've never heard of 'photonic' anything, let alone photonic molecules. Are you sure it's a real thing?

Likes davenn
Cthugha
Science Advisor
Photonic molecules are usually structures such as coupled resonators that show resonances that behave similar to bonding and antibonding states in molecules, which is where the name comes from. Sometimes also photons inside materials such as Rydberg matter, which show material-mediated effective photon-photon interactions inside the material are called photonic molecules.

If someone created a living thing out of coupled resonators, I would be pretty worried. That sounds like Franken's monster to me.

• Informative
Likes berkeman and Drakkith