A question about search engines.

In summary, search engines may not always be able to find existing entries on a site. This could be due to the content being added after the search engine last visited the site or the site's structure making the content inaccessible to search engine spiders. Additionally, search engines may choose not to index certain content, whether it be at the request of the site owner or due to the content being deemed as stolen or illegal.
mech-eng
Can you explain me why search engines sometimes can not find existing entries. I can find them in the site, I can see them but Google and Bing can not find them.

Best Regards.

Technology news on Phys.org
Maybe the search engines simply haven't found that content yet. The content might have been added after the search engine spiders last visited the site. Or the site might be structured in such a way as to make the content inaccessible (or at least not easily accessible) to the spiders. For example, it used to be the case that Google couldn't crawl links inside Javascript code; I haven't kept up with this so I don't know if it's still true.

What you see and what the search engine sees are sometimes two different things.

Even when the search engine sees something it may choose to not index it. Sometimes per the owner site request - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_exclusion_standard, sometimes because it decides site contains stolen/illegal material.

What is a search engine?

A search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. It uses keywords and algorithms to retrieve relevant websites and web pages based on the user's query.

How do search engines work?

Search engines use web crawlers, also known as spiders, to scan and index websites on the internet. These crawlers follow links and collect information about the content of each webpage. When a user enters a query, the search engine uses its algorithm to match the query with indexed pages and ranks them based on their relevance.

What are some examples of popular search engines?

Some examples of popular search engines include Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Baidu. Each search engine has its own unique algorithm and features, but they all aim to provide users with relevant and accurate search results.

How can I improve my website's ranking on search engines?

There are various techniques you can use to improve your website's ranking on search engines, such as optimizing your website's content with relevant keywords, building backlinks from reputable websites, and regularly updating your website with fresh content.

Are there any ethical concerns surrounding search engines?

Yes, there are ethical concerns surrounding search engines, such as user privacy and bias in search results. Search engines also have a significant impact on the accessibility and availability of information on the internet, which can have social and political implications.