A question for you baby boomers - Which was your favorite decade & why?

Which is for favorite decade of the past 60+ years?

• 1950's

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 1960's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1970's

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1980's

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1990's

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2000's

• 2010's

• Total voters
nsaspook
Science Advisor
I like to chill out sometimes, the more parties the more funs. Sharing is caring. :-p
This is not party time. Being a boomer I never associated having an adult beverage with food at lunch with parties. We all ate our food, drank our drink and went back to work or school just like we had finished breakfast with a cup of coffee. Nothing special about it.

nsaspook
Science Advisor
Obviously it is the 1960s, it's just that none of us can remember why.
Obviously it's not the 1960s because most of us can remember why. I remember thinking as a teen , is this what life is all about?

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Why ? 30s are no longer teens or 20s to keep whining about the losses or are having better plans in making a "deal" ?
Can't it be that it's all the outside that covers all the broken pieces inside ? No ? OK!
It's an old saying.

AUTHOR: Jack Weinberg

QUOTATION: We have a saying in the movement that we don’t trust anybody over 30.

ATTRIBUTION: JACK WEINBERG, twenty-four year old leader of the Free Speech Movement at the University of California, Berkeley, California, interview with San Francisco Chronicle reporter, c. 1965. Weinberg later said he did not actually believe the statement, but said it as a kind of taunt to a question asking if there were outside adults manipulating the organization.—The Washington Post, March 23, 1970, p. A1.

[ref]
Does anyone know if it's still used today, by the gen-Xers and the millennials?

This is not party time. Being a boomer I never associated having an adult beverage with food at lunch with parties. We all ate our food, drank our drink and went back to work or school just like we had finished breakfast with a cup of coffee. Nothing special about it.
It depends on people who take things more serious than others do.
OK, I will give it up. No messy party.

Obviously it's not the 1960s because most of us can remember why. I remember thinking as a teen , is this what life is all about?
I think that was a reference to the old joke: "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there."

Regardless, you're right. It was an unbelievably stressful decade. I still have my draft card, now quite tattered, that we were required to have on us at all times. The government was literally forcing kids into the military, with the alternative being prison.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
I think that was a reference to the old joke: "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there."

Regardless, you're right. It was an unbelievably stressful decade. I still have my draft card, now quite tattered, that we were required to have on us at all times. The government was literally forcing kids into the military, with the alternative being prison.
The draft.....

I was 15 when 70's started. Just old enough to appreciate girls and get some independence. The disease AIDS 0was far in the future. (Never heard of it until 1983) Music in late 60's was arguably better, I remember getting out of a car on my 22nd birthday. I was a top a hill and I folded my arms (very belligerently) looking out and I said to myself, I am inhaling air into my 22-year old lungs, digesting food with 22-year old enzymes, after a night of 22-year old sleep. Nothing on Earth can hurt me. (God I miss those days.)

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I went with the 70's , I learned, I traveled and generally enjoyed life. For me the 80's sucked, I am still recovering.