Acceleration of a universe with -ve Cosmological Constant

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
shreyakmath
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
I have read this new paper by Stephen Hawking and collegues.
It is very interesting to see the use of wavefunctions to show the acceleration of a universe with lambda<0 which fits in the framework of string theory and quantum mechanics. This technique bridges quantum mechanics and general relativity to a satisfactory level.

I wish to have your feedback on the paper.
The link is below:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.3807
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shreyakmath said:
I have read this new paper by Stephen Hawking and collegues.
It is very interesting to see the use of wavefunctions to show the acceleration of a universe with lambda<0 which fits in the framework of string theory and quantum mechanics. This technique bridges quantum mechanics and general relativity to a satisfactory level.

I wish to have your feedback on the paper.
The link is below:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.3807

We already have a thread commenting on this paper:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=606988
The thread is just a little ways down the menu from yours (about 16 or 17 items down) and it is called "Accelerated Expansion from Negative Lambda".

"MTd2" started the thread in mid-May as soon as the paper appeared and Brian Powell immediately made an intelligent observation:
bapowell said:
Yes. This might just be the adrenaline needle getting plunged into the heart of string theory.

Basically, I think, we are waiting to see what the professional string research community does with this: whether (after this shot of adrenaline) the apparently dead body on the operating table gets up and walks away :biggrin:
 
Last edited: