Actual After-Tax Rate of Return. [Engineering Economics]

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
0xCMD
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Greetings,

I'm trying to solve a 3 part problem which has the following questions:

a) Determine the rate of return before taxes.
After Solving: Answer: 21 %

b) If the effective income tax rate is 42 percent, what is the approximate after-tax rate of return?
After Solving: Answer: 8 %

c) What is the actual after-tax rate of return?
I don't really understand this question, I can't tell the difference between (approximate after-tax rate of return) and (actual after-tax rate of return)

Does anyone Know the difference?


thanks.
[FONT=&quot]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums.

I'm not sure either. Could you post:

  • The full problem statement.
  • The equations you used to get your answers.