Add carbon atom to pure hydrogen

In summary, the conversation is focused on finding a way to create methane (CH4) from gaseous hydrogen in a safe and efficient manner. This is in order to utilize existing infrastructure and promote the development of clean hydrogen production. The idea is to convert hydrogen to methane for transport and then back to hydrogen for use. There is discussion about the potential risks and benefits, as well as various methods for producing methane from hydrogen and carbon.
What part of "economy is not part of this" don't you get? I don't give two hoots about economy or feasibility or anything like that. All I'm after is a quick and dirty way to go from hydrogen gas to methane. That's it! I originally intended this to be less complicated than your hairdo.

Maybe it's not in the cards. If that's the case, I will either resume using a resistive load as a dump load or I'll do something else.

Anyone else out there with a clever idea? . . . . . Mac

Chemistry news on Phys.org
melch said:
There are still the issues of radioactivity that lasts millions of years

Actually most nuclear waste isn't all that harmful, a metre or so of concrete provides adequate protection, in fact the British scientist James Lovelock offered to bury Britain's nuclear waste in his back garden, as it could be used to heat his water for free.

The only threat from waste I can imagine is people using it as a "dirty bomb", but that hardly justifies the ludicrous precautions we take these days.

MacGyver2 said:
What part of "economy is not part of this" don't you get?

So you're not discussing something that is part of the OP?

Read back through and you'll note this whole discussion is about large scale processing. What you've done is essentially hijacked the thread.

This particular discussion is regarding performing this process on a commercial scale, for some justification the OP tried to make, which is something reflected in peoples responses (why they keep bringing up economy).

There's no need for such an attitude, given that everyone else hear is still on topic and you are the one who is not.

Point taken; I'm new here.

I tried to start what I thought was a new thread, but as it turned out, it attach to this one. I think if you'll read my initial post, it was written from the point of view that I couldn't hop onto an existing thread; thinking I was starting my own thread, I proceed, but it somehow landed here. I didn't design the board, but my apologies anyway. I will try to start a new thread in a different category.

As for the "attitude", again my apologies, my bad. . . . . . Mac