1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Air Force Enlisted to bachelors - best/fastest route?

1. Aug 30, 2012 #1
    Hi there,

I've signed a contract with the Air Force as an enlisted personnel. Hoping everything goes fine. What's the best way to get to a bachelors while Enlisted? What are the options I have while in active service at supplementing my education? Any information much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2012 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey Cupofs0up and welcome to the forums.

I don't know what it's like in your country or what the conditions of your contract are, but here certain defence related agencies have support for doing very specific degrees like engineering and they pay you while you study.

The catch is you have to serve for usually at minimum twice the length of the degree and if you get kicked out you have to pay whatever you owe back (so the longer time you have left, the more you owe back).

I'm assuming you understand full well what you are bound by once you are enlisted since you have already signed a contract, so it sounds like you be bound under a similar kind of agreement if you were under a sponsored arrangement for a bachelors (like engineering) if they had that.

Even if you have to serve for a little while or go in the queue for this arrangement, it might help you out if you can find out whether this is available: especially if you wanted to do an engineering degree like mechanical/aero-nautical/electrical engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook