Air interference in a wi fi access point

In summary, the person is seeking assistance in finding easy-to-understand information on two topics related to communication: air interference and WiFi access points. They are unsure of what air interference refers to and are looking for clarification. The conversation also includes a brief discussion on the meaning of "air interface" in RF/wireless circles.
iii
I will glad if you can help me to find information that explain what is it in easy way in two things that are related to communication
1. Air interference
2. wi fi access point​

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there

ummm ... can you give a bit more background on your question please :)
have you been reading something that you didnt understand ?
if so quote some of the text

1) air interference ... no idea what you are referring to ? atmospheric losses ?
2) WiFi access point ... is what it says ... an access point for connection to a wifi signal

Google WiFi Access Point :)

Dave

In RF/wireless circles, "air interface" means antenna. Is this what you meant?

Last edited:
the_emi_guy said:
In RF/wireless circles, "air interface" means antenna. Is this what you meant?

he said interference, not interface --- so unless he typo'ed I took it as read
but I agree with your comment :)

Dave

Sorry Dave,
I should have indicated I was questioning the OP.

no probs :)

Air interface is a term I have only heard extremely rarely

Dave

1. What causes air interference in a Wi-Fi access point?

Air interference in a Wi-Fi access point is caused by other wireless devices or physical obstacles such as walls, metal objects, or large appliances that obstruct the Wi-Fi signal.

2. How does air interference affect Wi-Fi performance?

Air interference can lead to degraded Wi-Fi performance, resulting in slower internet speeds, dropped connections, and overall poor network performance.

3. Can air interference be prevented?

Air interference cannot be completely prevented, but it can be minimized by choosing the right location for the access point and using a wireless channel with less traffic. Additionally, using a newer Wi-Fi standard, such as 802.11ac, can help reduce interference.

4. How can I troubleshoot air interference in my Wi-Fi network?

If you are experiencing Wi-Fi issues, try changing the location of your access point, updating your device drivers, or using a different wireless channel. You can also use a Wi-Fi analyzer tool to identify sources of interference and adjust accordingly.

5. Is there a way to boost Wi-Fi signal in areas with high air interference?

Yes, you can use Wi-Fi repeaters or range extenders to boost the signal in areas with high air interference. These devices will help extend the range of your Wi-Fi network and improve connectivity in areas where the signal is weak.