Legs Covered in Sticky Fondant - Grumpy Days Ahead!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of dealing with sticky substances on one's legs, specifically when wearing jeans. The speaker also mentions their hair starting to appear in unexpected places, and a link to a website for body grooming is shared. The conversation ends with a comment about nose hairs and their purpose.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Not my head all though it is not far away, i mean my legs, i put it down to being covered in sticky stuff so often, it can be painfull taking my jeans off after having hot fondant spilt on them, if it was not for all the lumps and bumps my legs would look girly :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
i put it down to being covered in sticky stuff so often, it can be painfull taking my jeans off after having hot fondant spilt on them, if it was not for all the lumps and bumps my legs would look girly
what the hell! lol

Last edited:
With your jeans actually being humid, black latex.

Mattara said:
With your jeans actually being humid, black latex.

No, levi button 501s.

My hair has started leaving my head but appearing in places I didn't know hair could appear.

brewnog said:
My hair has started leaving my head but appearing in places I didn't know hair could appear.

http://bodygroom.philips.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
someone lock this thread, its digusting. :yuck:

cyrusabdollahi said:
someone lock this thread, its digusting. :yuck:

I bet you have nose hairs :tongue2:

Everyone has nose hair, it keeps dust from entering your lungs.

1. What is fondant and why is it sticky?

Fondant is a type of icing that is commonly used to cover cakes and pastries. It is made from sugar, water, and other ingredients such as gelatin or corn syrup. The stickiness of fondant is due to the high sugar content, which creates a tacky texture.

2. How does fondant affect the taste and texture of baked goods?

Fondant has a very sweet taste and a smooth, dough-like texture. When applied to baked goods, it creates a smooth and firm surface that can be easily shaped and decorated. However, some people may find the taste and texture of fondant too sugary and prefer alternative icings.

3. Can fondant be made less sticky?

Yes, there are several ways to make fondant less sticky. One method is to knead in more powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached. Another option is to use a small amount of shortening on your hands and work surface when handling the fondant.

4. How long does fondant take to dry?

The drying time for fondant can vary depending on the thickness and humidity levels. On average, fondant can take anywhere from 24 hours to 3 days to dry completely. It is important to let the fondant dry in a cool, dry place to prevent cracking or melting.

5. How can I prevent fondant from sticking to my hands and tools?

To prevent fondant from sticking to your hands and tools, you can lightly dust them with powdered sugar or cornstarch. You can also use a non-stick baking mat or a silicone rolling pin to prevent sticking. Additionally, keeping your hands and tools clean and dry can also help prevent sticking.