Is It Normal to Feel Hungry All the Time?

• Medical
  • Thread starter nucleargirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Normal Time
In summary, the person is experiencing constant hunger despite eating normal portion sizes and not engaging in physical labor. This has just started recently and they are wondering if it is a serious issue. However, it is not suitable to seek a diagnosis in the forum and they should consult their doctor for further advice.
nucleargirl
its not normal to feel hungry all the time is it? I'm always hungry! and I eat normal portion sizes.
Today, within an hour of having breakfast I was hungry, and I just had lunch an hour ago and I'm hungry again...
I don't do physical labour or anything. Its just started recently - didn't have this before... any ideas what could be causing it? or if its anything serious?

Biology news on Phys.org
You are pregnant.

Borek said:
You are pregnant.

oh dear... that is serious indeed!

nucleargirl said:
its not normal to feel hungry all the time is it? I'm always hungry! and I eat normal portion sizes.
Today, within an hour of having breakfast I was hungry, and I just had lunch an hour ago and I'm hungry again...
I don't do physical labour or anything. Its just started recently - didn't have this before... any ideas what could be causing it? or if its anything serious?

When is your next regular physical? You should mention it to your doctor, to see what s/he says. Could be normal, or it could be a symptom of something going on. We can't provide any diagnosis here in the forum.

She's pregnant.

Is it all of the time, or comes and goes, like a few days where you're always hungry, and then days weren't you don't eat much. That happens to me and the last few days, no matter what I eat, I'm hungry.

Evo, we can't diagnose you here... :smile:

Although I do have to say, on days where I don't work out, I'm more hungry... :tongue2:

nucleargirl said:

berkeman said:
When is your next regular physical? You should mention it to your doctor, to see what s/he says. Could be normal, or it could be a symptom of something going on. We can't provide any diagnosis here in the forum.

We cannot diagnose medical issues here in the forums, so this thread is locked. Please ask your doctor about this -- they are in the best position to help you out.

1. Is it normal to feel hungry all the time?

Feeling hungry all the time can be normal for some individuals, especially if they have a high metabolism or are very physically active. However, if this feeling of hunger is accompanied by other symptoms such as weight loss or digestive issues, it may be a sign of an underlying health condition.

2. Why do I feel hungry all the time?

There are several reasons why someone may feel hungry all the time. It could be due to a high metabolism, not getting enough sleep, not eating enough protein and fiber, or an underlying health condition such as diabetes or hyperthyroidism.

3. How can I stop feeling hungry all the time?

To stop feeling hungry all the time, it is important to eat a balanced diet with enough protein and fiber to keep you feeling full. It is also important to get enough sleep and stay hydrated. If these lifestyle changes do not help, it is best to consult a doctor to rule out any underlying health issues.

4. Is feeling hungry all the time a sign of a health problem?

Feeling hungry all the time can be a sign of an underlying health problem. It is important to pay attention to any other symptoms you may be experiencing and consult a doctor if the feeling of hunger persists or is accompanied by other concerning symptoms.

5. Can stress and anxiety cause constant hunger?

Yes, stress and anxiety can cause constant hunger. When we are stressed, our bodies release the hormone cortisol, which can increase appetite and cause us to crave unhealthy foods. Finding healthy ways to manage stress, such as exercise or meditation, can help reduce constant hunger caused by stress and anxiety.