Analysis of Image superimposing using numerical analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of imposing one image onto another using numerical analysis and programming. The request is for resources or articles on how to approach this task. The conversation also touches on the use of RGB color model and HSL space color for manipulating the brightness and contrast of images.
saugata bose
Dear,

I need few Resources to get the help for my above topic. The above topic depicts that: one image will be imposed on the other one. and we have to shown it using numerical analysis. of course significant amount of programming effort is here. But I need help regarding resources/articles on how can I crack the idea. if u have any idea, please share with me by giving me link/articles whatever you consider.

thank you

Saugata

Technology news on Phys.org
Dear Rogerio,
Thank You.I am eagerly waiting for response.It's all my pleasure to get your response quickly. Those 2 are surely a great resource for me.
Yet, I feel to discuss few issues with you. I have a doubt within me regarding this.How can I take 2 images as input? i.e. what should be the input in this case? the sequence of bits?? how to I convert the soft copy image in bits?
Actually, I am asked to impose one's brightness or contrast on other's image. Do you have any suggestion??

Hi Saugata Bose!

A digital image (acquired with a digital camera or a scanner, for example) is just a file which describes all the pixels (picture elements) of the image.

The "format" of such files is the way the pixels are described.
Commonly there is a "file header" based on: the size of the digital image (i.e. number of pixels in each line, and number of lines), the way the pixel values are grouped in the file (how they are encoded), etc...
There are several file formats, like BMP, JPG, GIF, etc.

After reading the file generated in a particular format, your program will "understand" the RGB values of each pixel. And then, it could evaluate the average brightness, for instance.

The steps are:
1- to understand how to read the file image.
2- to understand what brightness, contrast,etc, are.
3- to write the program...
:smile:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/histograms1.htm

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/histograms2.htm

http://devmaster.net/forums/topic/6612-luminance-of-a-pixel/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brightness

PS: if your program needs to "change" the brightness of each pixel, you could use the "HSL space color" for both images, and then recalculate the brightness of each pixel of the first image, according to the brightness of the correspondent pixel of the second image... (and then, the program will have to convert the values to RGB values, in order to recreate the image)

Last edited:

Hello Saugata,

Thank you for reaching out about your topic on image superimposing using numerical analysis. This is a very interesting and complex topic that requires a deep understanding of both image processing and numerical analysis.

To start, I would recommend looking into research papers and articles published in relevant journals such as the IEEE Transactions on Image Processing or the International Journal of Computer Vision. These resources will provide you with a good understanding of the current state-of-the-art techniques and methods used in image superimposing.

You can also look into books on numerical analysis and image processing, which will provide you with the theoretical background and mathematical tools necessary for your project. Some recommended books include "Numerical Analysis" by Richard L. Burden and J. Douglas Faires and "Digital Image Processing" by Rafael C. Gonzalez and Richard E. Woods.

In terms of programming, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with software tools commonly used in image processing, such as MATLAB or OpenCV. These tools have built-in functions and algorithms that can aid in your analysis and implementation.

Additionally, online resources like tutorials, forums, and blogs can also provide helpful insights and tips on image superimposing using numerical analysis. Some websites to check out include Stack Overflow, Quora, and Medium.

I hope these resources will be useful in helping you crack the idea and guide you in your project. Good luck!

What is image superimposing?

Image superimposing is the process of overlaying one image onto another to create a single, combined image. This can be done for various purposes such as creating visual effects or highlighting differences between images.

How is numerical analysis used in image superimposing?

Numerical analysis is used to analyze and manipulate the numerical data of an image, such as its pixel values, to perform operations such as blending, masking, or morphing. This allows for precise and accurate superimposing of images.

What are the benefits of using numerical analysis for image superimposing?

Numerical analysis allows for more precise and controlled manipulation of images, resulting in a more accurate and seamless superimposed image. It also allows for a quicker and more efficient process compared to manual methods.

What are the limitations of using numerical analysis for image superimposing?

One limitation is that numerical analysis relies heavily on the quality and resolution of the images being used. Lower quality images may not produce desirable results. Additionally, certain complex effects may require more advanced numerical analysis techniques.

Can numerical analysis be applied to any type of image?

Yes, numerical analysis can be used on any type of image as long as it can be converted into a digital format. However, the results may vary depending on the complexity and quality of the image.