Answering JK Flip Flop Questions: How do I get xA' + x'A + xB?

• Thread starter seang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flip flop
In summary, a JK flip flop is a sequential logic circuit with two inputs (J and K) and two outputs (Q and Q') used to store one bit of data. To get xA' + x'A + xB with a JK flip flop, you would connect the inputs and clock accordingly. It can be used to implement any logical expression, but multiple flip flops may be needed for complex expressions. The main difference between a JK flip flop and a D flip flop is the number of inputs and the ability to toggle the output. To connect multiple JK flip flops, the clock inputs must be connected and the output of one flip flop is connected to the input of the next.
seang
We're analyzing JK flip flop circuits and I don't understand it.

So, Given that J = x, and K = xB' , my notes say that Q+ = JQ' + K'Q. I understand that. Then, substituting, we get xA' + x'A + xB.

I have no idea how that final result was obtained. Can anyone help me with this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Show and think about the circuit.

K = x'B

then what's the complement of K?

K' = ?

And look up the excitation tables.

Last edited:

Related to Answering JK Flip Flop Questions: How do I get xA' + x'A + xB?

1. What is a JK flip flop?

A JK flip flop is a sequential logic circuit that is used to store one bit of data. It has two inputs - J (set) and K (reset) - and two outputs - Q (output) and Q' (complement output).

2. How do I get xA' + x'A + xB with a JK flip flop?

To get xA' + x'A + xB with a JK flip flop, you would need to connect the J input to x, the K input to x', and the clock input to B. This will result in Q being equal to xA' + x'A + xB.

3. Can I use a JK flip flop to implement any logical expression?

Yes, a JK flip flop can be used to implement any logical expression. However, for more complex expressions, multiple JK flip flops may be needed.

4. What is the difference between a JK flip flop and a D flip flop?

The main difference between a JK flip flop and a D flip flop is that the JK flip flop has two inputs (J and K) while the D flip flop has only one input (D). Additionally, a JK flip flop allows for toggling of the output while a D flip flop does not.

5. How do I connect multiple JK flip flops together?

To connect multiple JK flip flops together, you would need to connect the clock inputs of all flip flops together, and then connect the output of one flip flop to the input of the next flip flop. This will create a chain of flip flops, with the output of the first flip flop being the input of the second flip flop, and so on.