1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any good problem book on Electrodynamics & Thermodynamics

1. Dec 29, 2009 #1
    I am going to take Electrodynamics & Thermodynamics for the next semester, I am wondering if there are good problem books with solutions on these topics? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2010 #2
    Jackson's book on Electrodynamics is very good but requires a good deal of mathematical skills.

For a beginner in Electrodynamics, I suggets this book.

I have this book and it is very good. The authors website is also of great use.

If you decide to use Jackson's book make sure you use the newest one (blue colored cover) because the red colored one uses an imaginary time approach. This method is frowned upon and has been corrected in the newest edition.

For Thermodynamics what approach are you looking for? Statistical, Engineering, ...

4. Jan 11, 2010 #3
    Thanks for ur reply, for thermodynamics I mean the undergraduate level theromodynamics course for students majored in physics, since I am myself a physics major.
  5. Jan 12, 2010 #4
    I would use the following book for thermodynamics. This was the book I used in college.

Fundamentals of Classical Thermodynamics 3rd Edition

by Gordon J. Van Wylen and Richard E. Sontag

It is a very good book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook