1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any suggestions!

1. Sep 23, 2008 #1
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering, i had a test in Abstract Algebra, and i got a 85, which roughly means a B, and i am really pissed off at myself, because if i only had been less stressful during the test i could have easily gotten a score above 90...because not more than 1 hour or sth after the test, i was able to figure out my mistakes. We are gonna have two or three more tests before the final exam, so how badly will this affect my chances for eventually making an A in the course?

thnx.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2008 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Doesn't your course syllabus tell you how the final grade will be calculated?

4. Sep 24, 2008 #3
    I think it says sth like this: 20% each midterm, 10% homework assignments, and the rest the final. I guess we have 3 mid-terms.

5. Sep 24, 2008 #4
    I assume you're a math major if you're taking Abstract Algebra. I think you can figure out exactly what you need.

6. Sep 24, 2008 #5
    Well, yeah, i got it!

7. Sep 24, 2008 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

So your grade was [tex]85+90i[/tex]. The real part of your score was 85, and the imaginary part was 90.

8. Sep 24, 2008 #7

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Now, you KNOW mathematicians can't do arithmetic! We get into mathematics so we can use "x"s and "y"s instead of all those complicated numbers!

9. Sep 24, 2008 #8

[tex]85+93i[/tex]

Just to be more precise...lol...!!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?