1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone mention good electronics textbook

1. Dec 12, 2008 #1
    i have been looking for an electronics textbook for a while.i am an undergraduate student.
    already tried the popular millman & halkias.it stinks.can anyone mention the names of some "readable" textbooks?my syllabus covers topics like FET,multistage amplifier,oscillators, OPAMP,combinational & sequential logic,communication principles,several instruments and microprocessor.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Everybody physicst will recommend Horowitz+Hill "Art of Electronics", it's a very practical how to build circuits manual for electronic engineering. I can't recommend anything for more detailed/theoretical coverage.

4. Dec 12, 2008 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

H&H is a good intro text for self-study. Here is a fun thread where we took advantage of one of the features of the text:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=178516

5. Dec 15, 2008 #4
    I think you should get different books for different topics. You include logic with transistors, opamps etc. They are as different as night and day. If you get an all in one, I am not sure you get what you want.

I don't have any suggestion, I learn this too long ago already. I am studying RF and Microwave. I buy so many books just on one topic. My experience is each book have good and bad section, I need min 3 book on this topic. I am studying Electromagnetics and I have 7 books and I use 3 mostly and reference the others, and is not one too many!!!

6. Dec 29, 2008 #5
    You need to look for atleast 3 books to cover these topics

FET,multistage amplifier,oscillators, combinational & sequential logic - Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory by Robert L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky

Opamp - Design with operational amplifiers and analog integrated circuits by Sergio Franco

communication principles- Communication systems by simon haykin

Hope this will help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?