Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone speak Dictator ?

1. Dec 15, 2003 #1
    Anyone speak "Dictator"?

I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2003 #2

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Anyone speak "Dictator"?

Ah, common misconception. In dictator-ese, "my people" and "my bowels" are synonymous.

4. Dec 15, 2003 #3
    I think next years winner of "Crackpot of the Year" should be forced to adopt this as their signature quote.

5. Dec 15, 2003 #4

Njorl

Science Advisor

I will now refer to my genitals as "my people" - and no, I will not have "my people" contact "your people".

Njorl

6. Dec 15, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

7. Dec 15, 2003 #6
    How Gullible Are You Guys?

Oh sure, Saddam said that when offered a glass of water. Thats true, because it was on CNN.

After all, according to CNN;
    - He was in a SPIDER HOLE (very apt, must've worked for hours on that one).
    - He GAVE HIMSELF UP (implying that he's a coward).
    - Suddenly all this horse**** comes out about fantastic rates of Iraqi casualties under Saddam (with about as much proof as that provided for the "weapons of mass destruction" argument).

I also saw on CNN a while ago a lovely interview where a former Vietnam War commanding officer (very highly placed) STILL CLAIMED that the US did not invade South Vietnam.
    Lets rewrite history guys, so that it can suit the winners. Hang on, CNN has already done that...

8. Dec 15, 2003 #7
    Re: How Gullible Are You Guys?

So you think that when they opened up the door (or whatever it'd be called) to his little underground lair, that he attempted to attack or run from the soldiers?

9. Dec 16, 2003 #8
    Re: Anyone speak "Dictator"?

Lets see… He’s so used to urinating and defecating on his subjects that he’s unsure how to use modern plumbing?

10. Dec 16, 2003 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

Re: Re: Anyone speak "Dictator"?

11. Dec 16, 2003 #10
    Scratch My Back

As predicted, the CIA will be "interrogating" Saddam. They expect it will take six months (at least).
    Interesting how a former CIA employee who was officially on their payroll (Saddam Hussein), can be interviewed by a former employer. Very interesting.

12. Dec 16, 2003 #11

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Geeesh. Save it for the politics forum Nommos. Unless you're speaking "dictator" too?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?