AP physics b and ap calculus ab

In summary, the conversation discussed options for finding past multiple choice sections for AP Calculus AB and Physics exams. It was mentioned that the Collegeboard stopped releasing the sections after 1997 and that some teachers may have copies of older exams. It was also suggested to check local bookstores for AP format practice tests. For Physics, there may be some practice questions available on the Collegeboard website. Additionally, it was mentioned that past exams can be purchased from the Collegeboard website.
mandymanny
does anyone know where i can find ap cal and/or phyics multiple choice sections of past tests?? i really need them to study.
please help

Physics news on Phys.org
Unless you go back to pre-1997, you won't be able to find AP Calc AB multiple choice sections, as they stopped releasing the multiple choice sections after that. If your calculus teacher has been teaching for a while, they may have copies of the older exams, but even then they may not have them. The Collegeboard also has practice tests that they give to AP Calc teachers, but I'd imagine you would have already taken it by now if your teacher had it.

There are books you can buy with multiple choice questions in the AP format, I'd advise checking a local bookstore to try and find one (since the test is only a few days away and buying online may take too long).

As for Physics, I'm not too sure.

Edit: There is a handful of practice multiple choice questions in the course description for AP Calc on the Collegeboard website, here's the link to the page in question: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/calculus_ab/samp.html?calcab

Last edited:
You can buy past exams at the college board for 20-30 bucks per exam. It comes with a nice booklet and they mail it very fast (got my after 2-3 days of ordering, considering I live in Canada, it is very fast mailing)

1. What is the difference between AP Physics B and AP Calculus AB?

AP Physics B is a high school-level course that covers a broad range of topics in physics, while AP Calculus AB is a college-level course that focuses on differential and integral calculus. AP Physics B also includes some basic calculus concepts, but they are not the primary focus of the course.

2. Why should I take AP Physics B and AP Calculus AB?

Taking these courses can help you develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as prepare you for college-level coursework in science and math. Additionally, earning a high score on the AP exams can potentially earn you college credit and save you time and money in college.

3. Can I take AP Physics B and AP Calculus AB at the same time?

Yes, it is possible to take both courses in the same school year. However, it is important to consider your workload and make sure you are prepared for the rigor of both courses.

4. What is the format of the AP Physics B and AP Calculus AB exams?

The AP Physics B exam consists of two sections: a multiple-choice section and a free-response section. The multiple-choice section has 70 questions and lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. The free-response section has 3 questions and lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. The AP Calculus AB exam also has two sections: a multiple-choice section and a free-response section. The multiple-choice section has 45 questions and lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes. The free-response section has 6 questions and lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes.

5. How can I prepare for the AP Physics B and AP Calculus AB exams?

It is important to attend class regularly, take thorough notes, and actively participate in class discussions and activities. Additionally, you can review course materials and practice problems, and take advantage of study guides and review books. It can also be helpful to form study groups with classmates and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.