Apple MacBook keyboard shortcut

In summary, the conversation is discussing whether it is possible to customize the keyboard shortcut for sharing screens on a Mac. The person is asking if it is possible to use a keyboard shortcut, similar to those used on Ubuntu and Windows, to switch the screen to occupy the left half of the screen.
member 428835
Hi PF!

I'm wondering if there is a way to customize the left-right shared screen keyboard shortcut on a Mac? It seems like all I can do is hover over the top-left of the green arrow to do this, no keyboard.

Thanks so much

Computer science news on Phys.org
Can you explain this a little better ?

Are you trying to use the keyboard to switch screens?

jedishrfu said:
Can you explain this a little better ?

Are you trying to use the keyboard to switch screens?
You know how in Ubuntu you can press control+left arrow to have the screen occupy the left half of the screen (I think Windows is the same)? I'm wondering if there is a way to set Mac hotkeys the same?

What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "Apple MacBook keyboard shortcut"?

1. What is a keyboard shortcut and how does it work on an Apple MacBook?

A keyboard shortcut is a combination of keys that when pressed together, perform a specific action on your MacBook. This allows for quicker and more efficient navigation and control of your device.

2. How do I create and customize keyboard shortcuts on my MacBook?

To create and customize keyboard shortcuts on your MacBook, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. From there, you can add, remove, and modify keyboard shortcuts for various actions and applications.

3. What are some of the most useful keyboard shortcuts on a MacBook?

Some commonly used keyboard shortcuts on a MacBook include Command + C to copy, Command + V to paste, and Command + Z to undo. Other useful shortcuts include Command + Spacebar to open Spotlight search and Command + Tab to switch between open applications.

4. Can I create my own custom keyboard shortcuts on my MacBook?

Yes, you can create your own custom keyboard shortcuts on your MacBook by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts. Click on the "+" button to add a new shortcut and enter the exact name of the menu command you want to create a shortcut for.

5. Are there any keyboard shortcuts that can help improve my productivity on a MacBook?

Yes, there are many keyboard shortcuts that can improve productivity on a MacBook. For example, Command + Shift + 3 takes a screenshot, Command + Tab + Option allows you to cycle through open applications in reverse, and Command + Shift + T reopens the last closed tab in a web browser.