1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Application of Electric, magnetic and gravitational field in satellite

1. Dec 9, 2007 #1
    Im new to this forum and i hope u guys can help me with this question.

I need to explain how electric, gravitational and magnetic fields are present in the building and launching of a satellite.

I know that gravitational will be present at launching since gravity will be acting on the satellite when its going up and then afterwards since the gravitational field will be presen in the satellite to keep it in orbit.

can anyone explain me how the other fields are present in the satellite?

thank you in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The gravitational field effects the satelite during launch and orbit.
    Gravity is (almost) as strong in orbit as on the ground - the reason things appear weightless in orbit is simply that everythign is falling at the same rate.

The earth has a magnetic field, conductors (ie. electrical wires) moving through a magnetic field will create an electical current - in certain areas of the earth this effect is stronger and can cause serious problems ( see Hubble and the south atlantic anomaly)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?