1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Applied computer Science in aerospace

1. May 17, 2010 #1
    I am doing my bachelors degree in computer science. but i seriously want to pursue higher studies in aerospace engineering. any cue on how to proceed??
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2010 #2
    If you're starting out with a BS in comp sci, I'm guessing you'll be working with CFD (comp fluid dynamics) for an MS /M Eng?

If so, you should take aero courses like thermo, aerodynamics, gas dynamics to familiarize yourself with these topics. You may have to declare a double major, because schools sometimes won't let you take engineering courses without actually being an engineer.

Someone with more aerospace knowledge can tell you if other topics are necessary.
  4. May 18, 2010 #3

Hey!! thanx for that..
    No its not BS im doing a btech in comp science..in India. So its different here.. I will not get an oppurtunity to do higher studies in aerospace because here they are considered alltogether different fields. Though i still follow aerospace subjects academically, i,ll not get an official certificate for that and thus i cant major in any related subject... That is the main problem.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook