B Arc formula without the use of radius and angle

I had created a formula on arc of a circle....How can I publish it ..So that people see it and decide is it important or not.

FactChecker

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
I assume that you are talking about a formula for the arc length that does not use the radius or angle. My first question is how one can even specify an arc without the radius and the angle (in one form or another)?

I assume that you are talking about a formula for the arc length that does not use the radius or angle. My first question is how one can even specify an arc without the radius and the angle (in one form or another)?
My formula is in terms of distance between starting and ending point of arc(x). And breadth of arc (distance between mid point x and mid point

FactChecker

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
What is your concern about showing it here? Do you think there is some copyright privilege that you will give up and that someone will steal it?

Ibix

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Out of idle curiosity, what is your formula?
My formula is in terms of distance between starting and ending point of arc(x). And breadth of arc (distance between mid point x and mid point
So ##x## is the length of the chord across the arc? Calling the distance from its midpoint to the centre of the circle ##p##, I make the arc length $$2\sqrt{(x/2)^2+p^2}\tan^{-1}(x/2p)$$

What is your concern about showing it here? Do you think there is some copyright privilege that you will give up and that someone will steal it?
Yes

So ##x## is the length of the chord across the arc? Calling the distance from its midpoint to the centre of the circle ##p##, I make the arc length $$2\sqrt{(x/2)^2+p^2}\tan^{-1}(x/2p)$$
No..That's not correct ...You please tell me how and where to publish it

You please tell me how and where to publish it
Since you do not wish to divulge the formula you have created, we have no way of discerning whether it is useful or original.

Thread closed.